Par Course

Par Course is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Carnelian Bay, California that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

Visiting Tahoe for a few days and this trail is near our rental house. Parking is just at the end of a residential street, no lot. This trail connects with many others, but to follow the route on this map stick to the right and you'll eventually see some signs marking it as a recreational area.
Steady but moderate incline to a bridge over Watson Creek with a bit of a waterfall. Trail kept going and likely connects with other trails, including Tahoe Rim Trail, which seems to go to Watson Lake, but I didn't actually walk it so don't know for sure. We stopped at the bridge and were satisfied with that.
On our way back we used the map on the app to do a short detour that brought us through a meadow with a tiny creek (in late June) and back to the main trail.
Pleasant trail, no lake view, only see the creek once at the bridge, charming woods like what I've been seeing around North Tahoe. Glad I went.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

This was a nice little stroll! Gentle incline up to a bridge over Watson Creek. The trail marked here on the app is a fire road. But we entered and connected from the foot path at the end of High Street, which we really enjoyed - woodsy, shady, passes a meadow. Another day hikers reported a bear up a tree! (Late June)

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Monday, May 23, 2016

I've been hiking this trail since I was a kid. It's a beautiful walk through the woods with some small streams. Several points to stop and exercise along the way. Great for all ages, young and old. Right after the snow melts in the spring it's a great spot to see snow flowers popping up out of the ground.

Thursday, July 05, 2012