Panther Gap & Mehrten Meadow

Panther Gap & Mehrten Meadow is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sequoia National Park, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from May until November.

This was a nice hike - did it in early June and was subdued by clouds/fog towards the end of the climb. No views at the summit, consequently, but bounding down the still-deep snow on the way down was good fun.

One of the best views of my life! I'm 49 now, and I was there at age 15

Great hike even during the winter! Highly recommend crampons

I've done this one in the spring, summer, fall, and snowshoed it in the winter. gorgeous view!

Friday, August 26, 2016

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Great Hike

Friday, June 03, 2016

Saturday, February 27, 2016

It was a breathtaking and majestic stop on our way towards Alta meadow. My boyfriend and I had a brief picnics there as well. Well worth it!

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Started at Wolverton on this out and back adventure. I hiked to Panther Gap where the view was great. First half of the trail had no snow however, the conditions changed the second half. The snow was covering the trail so you had to rely on the markers which slowed me down.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Nice trail run. Came in from Wolverton and out via High Sierra trail from the Mehrten creek bivouac site.