Panorama Trail and Big Foot Walk is a 8.9 mile loop trail located near Twentynine Palms, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips.

Length8.9 miElevation gain1,266 ftRoute typeLoop
HikingNature tripsViewsWildflowersRockyFee
Description
Waypoints (0)

Joshua Tree National Park charges a fee to enter. Fees are per vehicle or per motorcycle. If you are entering on foot or bike the fee is per person. You can also purchase a park-specific annual pass. Please check with the park website for current rates. This is a very quiet trail in Joshua Tree National Park. You definetly want a GPS with topo maps or a good topo map with the trail on it, as it is hard to find and follow. Nice area.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (49)
Photos (281)
Activities (49)
Completed (81)
Kim Tanner
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 26, 2021
View Kim's activity
Andrew Nicholson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 8, 2021
View Andrew's activity
Jessica Brandenburg
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 25, 2021
Hiking

This was a beautiful trail. I got there about 1:00 pm and didn’t see a single soul the entire hike. It was magical. As others mentioned, finding the trail when you park your car is difficult. Just go to the left of the mountain and you’ll find the trail head then keep going left from there. I saw a roadrunner and a few birds, but not much else in terms of wildlife. There were some scenic views and I was definitely glad I brought my hiking poles for some of the uphill. Bring layers, lots of water and watch where you are stepping.

View Jessica's activity
Stefan Kieu
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 18, 2021
HikingGreat!No shade

Beside slogging through the sandy washes, the terrain and view reward you at the top. Bring water and snacks.

Gilad Gam
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 14, 2021
View Gilad's activity
Toby Barnes
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 6, 2021
HikingFeeGreat!Icy

Amazing trail, incredible geology, views, didn’t see anyone on the trail on a Friday in January. Even saw some snow and ice!

Adrian K
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 31, 2021
HikingFeeGreat!

Hiked 1/30/20. Nice hike. I almost missed the trail in one spot. Other than that it was easy to follow. I saw very few people.

John Hart
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 23, 2021
View John's activity
Stefan Kieu
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJanuary 12, 2021
HikingGreat!

We went off-trail on purpose and rejoined before the connection with Big Foot loop. We went clockwise on the loop, and returned after 2 miles in. We'll come back and do the entire trail.

Ryder Nesbitt
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 9, 2021
View Ryder 's activity
Harlan Pace
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 1, 2021
HikingFeeNo shade

It was a little difficult to find the beginning of the trail from where I parked. Glad I downloaded the map before hand. The park was very busy due to the holiday, but I only saw four other people on the trail toward the end of my hike. It was a long distance for me, but not particularly strenuous. Finished in about 3 hours 45 minutes—I think I went faster because of the strong and cold winds! I was wearing three light layers but wished I had worn more. Kept my mask on for most of the hike just to keep my face warm. The Bigfoot section of the hike was a little flat, sandy, and underwhelming, but the Panorama Trail made it worthwhile. I enjoyed the winding path up and down, with its beautiful views and many interesting rocks.

Stefan Kieu
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 19, 2020
HikingGreat!No shadeOff trailRockyScramble

We did not really follow the trail until the junction of No/So Trail Corridor and Big Foot Trail. From the parking location, we headed straight to the mountain and encountered 5 Big Horn Sheep just as we turned behind those rocks. What a sight. They moved up and continued grazing. We continued up to the border of NPS and had a nice view of JT at 3900 feet. We then zigzagged our way down and hiked at the rocks foothill until the junction. We continued anti-clockwise on the Big Foot trail for another mile before we decided to turn back. We will try this trail again.

Kim Tanner
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 15, 2020
HikingGreat!No shadeRockyScramble

Awesome hike today! I completed 9 miles and did this solo. I was 100% alone out there too, no other people on this trail today. The beginning was hard to follow, so I just made my own way until I found the trail. Both trails were very easy to follow. The park uses rocks and sticks and logs as markers, as well as actual signs and arrows, so if you get lost, then clearly you aren't paying attention. Lol. Overall I loved this hike and want to do it again.

View Kim's activity
Gwyn Frost
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarDecember 10, 2020
Hiking

Great day! Good friends! Very well marked trail.

View Gwyn's activity
Germaine Neumann
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarNovember 27, 2020
HikingNo shadeScramble
View Germaine's activity
Daniel Brooks Lichterman
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 10, 2020
View Daniel Brooks's activity
Brian Dice
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 4, 2020
View Brian's activity