Palos Verdes Bluffs Trail

Palos Verdes Bluffs Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rancho Palos Verdes, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

There are so many different ways to go. I definitely need to come back and explore further. :) Cool trail, though I would have rated it as hard instead of moderate. There is a steep uphill and flight of stairs if you find rattlesnake trail, totally off of the main trail. :) Coming back soon with more water. :)

It does not make a loop it's strictly going down hill and then coming back up. Definitely a good work out! There are a lot of little trails around the main trail.

Nice view of the ocean from parts of this trail, but the majority of this hike is on a wide, dirt road. This would have been more pleasant on a cooler day or earlier in the day, at only 78 degrees+ it was brutal. Some shade, benches or a water fountain on the trail (like at Runyon Canyon) would be nice for these hot days.

Absolutely love hiking here. Last year it was too foggy to see much though. This year we could not only see the hillside but also the sand and surf below. Very beautiful!
Only caveat is that there are several trails. You have to pick one and pay attention to the signs or your app or else you may end up doing a much more longer or more difficult hike than planned!!

That hill coming back up was ooowee!!! But I’ll do it again. Nice walk

I really love this place

Great place to relax and clear your head.

beautiful trial for mountain bike, and good exercise going back to my parking spot

Love the views.....great for a short walk !!!

Nice views ! Great place to bring your dog

Beautiful views and very peaceful!

Trail was closed today due to maintenance/weather

This place is great for family hikes, easy and fun for kids...one big main trail and small fun rigid trails cut through it.

Great place for a hike! Love Palos Verdes and the amazing views!

Beautiful well maintained trails with fantastic views of the ocean. Most of the trails seemed pretty easy. It is definitely hard to find close parking if you are not there early. Good trail for walking dogs.

Good hiking, but very difficult to find parking if you don't get there early enough.

Cool place to take your dog for a nice walk.

Go early for simple parking. Was a great hike for the dog as well. We will be back.

Very crowded, hard to find parking but great views.

Awesome hiking area! Varied trails which you can take all the way to the shore. Family and pet friendly.

went with my husband and kids. didn't do the full loop but still had a good time. there are porta potties at the top of the hill but I suggest you bring toilet paper with you. other then that a great hike and we will definitely be going back.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

This is an excellent trail with wonderful views Palos Verdes is one of the best locations for hiking take your time and really appreciate the fresh air this is definitely something special

Friday, August 18, 2017

I've made these trails into 5 to 6 mile hikes....love hiking here cause I can make a easy short hike into a challenging hike with so many different trails in this area...

Monday, August 14, 2017

Great first go, challenging but worth it

Friday, August 11, 2017

Great warm-up like, not overly traveled, beautiful views of the ocean, must remember that it's at elevation in mid day it gets hot. Clearly marked trails can be very challenging. There are maps of the beginning of the trails that are very accurate

Friday, July 21, 2017

Beautiful, scenic views.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Crowded! Since this became a well-known trail, it seems like a tourist trap in the open land. Mountain biking and hiking groups now in fast this area. Every weekend. Not enough space for so many people to be visiting. Go to Malibu, go to Angeles crest, go to big bear. If you want The "Disneyland" experience, be my guest…

Also some other things to mention…

Unmaintained trails! Too many thistle and fox tail! Fleas and ticks Galore! We finished our hike some more dogs were infested with fleas. I had flea bites all over my legs and arms.. Do not bring your dogs here, if you do, keep them on a leash or they will get covered in the fox tails and you'll have to spend the entire evening plucking fox tails and just close out of there for. Along with the ones that attached to your socks in your pants and your shirts…

Beach access is minimal! Very treacherous trail down to the beach where there is a Co and rocky shoreline. Heavily monitored by the sheriffs department because of so many drownings in the area.

Very nice views of the ocean. But not worth the drive, parking hassle, and dealing with all the people…

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

I didn't enjoy the straight up hike on the way back due to trail closures. It was not a very pretty hike, to me.

Monday, June 19, 2017

Went yesterday for the first time with my boyfriend. The view is beautiful. We didn't expect to have to go downhill first and when we turned around to go back we had to walk uphill. Got a good workout of it. We would recommend it.

Sunday, June 18, 2017