Palm Springs Museum Trail to North Lykken Trail

Palm Springs Museum Trail to North Lykken Trail is a 3.7 mile out and back trail located near Palm Springs, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

We started at the museum and ran into a couple of people coming back down. One said that if we chose the left fork just a little ahead, it was an easier ascent, so we did. Unfortunately, the blazes petered out, and we ended up following what looked like a trail but clearly wasn't. Got badly lost and finally made our way down the side into someone's driveway. The views were great, though, and I'd love to try it again when it's cooler.

Ended up doing this whole trail because I was interested in the Museum Trail but realized after I'd had to scramble a bit that I wouldn't feel comfortable going back down, at times on my butt! So I knew I was past the point of no return and fortunately knew the North Lykken Trail connected. Had a good rest at the picnic tables at the top of the Museum Trail and headed down via North Lykken. A solid workout!