Palm Canyon Trail

Palm Canyon Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Palm Springs, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from November until July.

One of the great places to see in Southern California with a breathtaking Oasis that provides picnicking areas near the creek. This trail is shaded with a mile of Palm Tree along both sides with a stream running parallel through the middle. Midway a must see incredible rock formations. One of the best hiking trails in the valley.

We included the Victor Loop to the Palm trail which gave us a 3 miles hike. Very nice. Make sure you have enough water, there is no shade on Victor trail.

Very nice

I would like to help get more people up to the top of this and others like it so they too can enjoy the fun down hill ride, maybe even a few times in one day. please help me. go to my link below thank you

We did The Palm Canyon/Victor Loop Trail on the advice of one of the rangers based on the 108' forecasted high. The first like of the hike was green and scenic. and the last two miles in full sun and rockier. It's an easy hike, just make sure to have plenty of water and good hiking shoes. Great views of the canyons in several spots. Just be prepared in the hot weather.

Not too sunny and beautiful for Palm Springs hike!

Steep decent down in the sun. Of course younhave to climb it on the way back. The oasis however is maintained beautifully. Tree droppings are removed, the sand had been raked recently to get up the animal dropping (although watch step because the animals were busy adding waste), picnic tables in the shade and porta potties and trash cans. Nice place to sit and enjoy the scenery and the relaxing feeling. The trail goes following the creek so there's a lot more palms. We walked it until it started another steep assent to what I believe would have taken us to the stone pool but then turned around. I have some back troubles and it was just too much for me. Couple that with it was later in the afternoon and that part was all sun-it was just too hot. We walked back the way we came in the shade! The trail did connect with several other trails if you wanted to explore further.
The top of the trail starts at the Trading Post which sells cold water and cans of Coke for $1. They also had various snacks and items like hot dogs. There's a short film playing on a loop at goes over the park history that you can watch while you eat your snack. A couple of humming bird feeders that had frequent visitors. A ranger sits at the head of the trail to answer questions. Friendly and willing to chat about the history of answer questions. No bathrooms with running water but porta potties at the top as well. They had hand sanitizer and outside there is a small station with soap and a foot pump gets enough water to rinse. $9 a person to get in. Past the potties there's a very short hike to a waterfall. I could see small portions of it but couldn't get a good luck because it was hidden by rocks and trees. Must be back at car by 4:30 and gone by 5.

Love this trail. The stream chills you out. My kids love it too!

We got out to the Oasis, then tried to return via the Alternate path - which we missed some turn and lost the trail. Overall, a very interesting and easy hike.