Painted Canyon is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cactus City, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from September until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I had a great time doing this hike -- ropes & ladders made this fun & the canyon views were well worth the effort. I did this hike 2 years ago & hope to go again.

Road is washed out and we were unable to get to the trailhead. You can probably do it in a large SUV but there is literally no road.

ROAD CLOSED! Can't access the trailhead. Road is closed for construction. Can only make it to 8km from the trailhead and then Box Canyon road ends. Too bad. You might be able to make it with a large 4x4 that has clearance, but there's no actual road to speak of.

For an easy hike this was definitely worth my time.

Solid hike- 105F+ in the summer months, although throughout the canyons there’s plenty of shade. Lots of wildlife there too, observe the hills around you as you pass through the canyons. Views are stunning from above. A must!

Definitely a great one for a couple hour hike with amazing crayons and rock formations from water and wind erosion. On a side note TKB deli in Indio is the perfect spot to grab a bite after the hike.

Absolutely amazing canyons.

This is a very worthwhile hike. This is the best hike in the Palm Springs area. The split rock canyons are a must see. The ladders offer access for hikers of all levels.

Amazing! There are ropes (difficult for me...but I did it!!!) and ladders (much easier!) that you can take. This was a spectacular hike an overall great experience and I would do it again!! Scenery was like no other I had seen! Thank you Portland dentists group!!!

Really great hike. Mostly dog friendly. Depending on what trail you take you will have to climb ladders. We were took Painted Canyon because it was tagged dog-friendly but the turn off of the main trail started with what looked like 15-20 ft ladder. We continued along Ladder Canyon (counter-clockwise). There were a few ladders towards the end (beginning if you take Ladder Canyon clockwise) of Ladder Canyon and it wasn’t THAT bad. That being said, I have a small pug and I climb ladders at work. We crossed paths with other families with small dogs that climbed UP and they said they had no issue.

Gorgeous scenery. Not too strenuous.

So beautiful the different color rocks, we did the canyon floor, to ladder, amazing

Awesome trail!!!

Great hike through the slot. Abysmal maps and trail markings once you are out of the slot canyon.

We took ladder canyon in and painted canyon out. Gorgeous views. A definite must.

Awesome trail

The drive in is slow but so worth the trip

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Lots of fun surprises. Beautiful views.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Fun hike - enjoyed the ladders and skinny canyon trails

Saturday, October 21, 2017