Paintbrush Trail to Portugese Bend

Paintbrush Trail to Portugese Bend is a 5.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rancho Palos Verdes, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

beach

As of May 2018, some users have reported sections of the Paintbrush Trail being closed. Del Cerro Park is a moderate trailhead located near Rancho Palos Verdes, California. The trail will take you from the top of the park all the way down to the ocean. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running and mountain biking. It is accessible year-round.

I really liked it here so pretty a lot of friendly people. Several trails including a long set of stairs if you want to up your game. Very close to the beach. Downside, parking is tough as the park is in s residential area. And all the trail maps do not show all trails so you can get confused on which trail you are on.

nothing like starting on top of Crenshaw Blvd and ending up in the water haha. first time doing this trail but definitely doing it again.

Nice and easy going down.. You get a burst of cardio coming back up! Many trails to choose from in this little area.
We hiked this trail at night, heard mountain lions screaming and a dog yelping.. then it went silent. Keep your eyes open.

beautiful scenery! great hike overall!

Beautiful trail! There’s tons of variation to go through in the preserve too. Just be prepared for lots of incline. The whole area’s on a slope so its a lot of going up and downhill.

Beautiful views

The views are incredible. The Paintbrush Trail was closed at some parts. I just went for it, but it became clear the reason was the cliff it walks below is super unstable with tons of erosion, so I would recommend taking an alternate route I’m definitely never going on the closed trail again.

Ended up being an 8 mike hike. Super pretty views!

view was great, plenty of splinter trails, good workout on the way up. :)

Redtube

A couple trails were closed but still had a blast!

Perfect workout

Not really impressed by the views. Took paintbrush trail which is closed right now, but it wasn't bad. For the amount of time it took us to drive here it was really just "ehh". Coming back up was a nice workout though. Probably won't be doing this one again for a while.

Ocean views were amazing on this hike as was the wildlife. Go prepared if you decide to walk the Long part.

If you start at sunrise it offers shade
We saw a rattlesnake and some cottontail bunnies
Nice for the whole family
May want to mountain bike next time

Went down paintbrush trail aka it’s close bc of lose gravel so if you don’t have the right shoes don’t go that way. I’m use to lose gravel so for me it was fine to get to the peak by the ocean is close so I desired to go down and look at some sea life let’s just say you won’t be disappointed. And I was lucky that on my way back I found 20 bucks on the side of the road lol and then went back up on the other trail you don’t want to go up on paintbrush the gravel is to lose and lots of weathering on the rocks so it’s very unstable. Have fun be safe and take water the hike back up will get to you I hardly drank any water on the way down but on the way up I finished my 3L

It was a nice easy hike. It was flat most of the way and I loved the view! It was a bit crowded on a Sunday. A lot of people were hiking with their dogs. But, thankfully most of the trail was clean.

Pretty scenery. Trail markings could be better. Overall a good hike.

Great hike. Started out at 3ish pm and got back at 5 and was able to watch the sunset and all the magnificent colors it made. Easy hike down , we choose to come back the same way. There are lots of different hike and routes you can take. ext time I will hike back all the way down to the beach. I’d definitely do this as a solo hiker.

This place is perfect!

I love it!

I loved this hike!!!! The peninsula was beautiful, I sat with my feet off the edge. The only thing that sucked was that you have to walk on the road and everything, it's a highly populated area. But the view was so worth it!!!

Fun, wide open, gorgeous ocean vistas. Love it!

Monday, August 07, 2017

Great trails for some running. However, we encounter a lot of trails being closed. Hopefully, they make them available soon.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Went again today. There were people working on Burma road and they blocked off some of the trails. We walked straight through paintbrush trail where the trail was heavily eroded and the ground was unstable. It was doable but I had to hold on and take small steps to avoid slipping and tumbling.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

A lot of the trails to complete the loop were closed

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

The walk down is a breeze, its coming back up thats a pain in the butt

Saturday, June 24, 2017

it was a good hike

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Wide trails and lots of them. I'm not sure which trails that we took exactly, but we started at Del Cerro and ended up at the beach. We had to walk up the street down at the bottom and cross over and walk by an archery practice area to get to the beach at the end.

Monday, April 24, 2017