Paintbrush Trail to Portugese Bend

Paintbrush Trail to Portugese Bend is a 5.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rancho Palos Verdes, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

beach

Del Cerro Park is a moderate trailhead located near Rancho Palos Verdes, California. The trail will take you from the top of the park all the way down to the ocean. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running and mountain biking. It is accessible year-round.

Pretty scenery. Trail markings could be better. Overall a good hike.

Great hike. Started out at 3ish pm and got back at 5 and was able to watch the sunset and all the magnificent colors it made. Easy hike down , we choose to come back the same way. There are lots of different hike and routes you can take. ext time I will hike back all the way down to the beach. I’d definitely do this as a solo hiker.

This place is perfect!

I love it!

I loved this hike!!!! The peninsula was beautiful, I sat with my feet off the edge. The only thing that sucked was that you have to walk on the road and everything, it's a highly populated area. But the view was so worth it!!!

Fun, wide open, gorgeous ocean vistas. Love it!

Great trails for some running. However, we encounter a lot of trails being closed. Hopefully, they make them available soon.

Went again today. There were people working on Burma road and they blocked off some of the trails. We walked straight through paintbrush trail where the trail was heavily eroded and the ground was unstable. It was doable but I had to hold on and take small steps to avoid slipping and tumbling.

A lot of the trails to complete the loop were closed

The walk down is a breeze, its coming back up thats a pain in the butt

it was a good hike

Wide trails and lots of them. I'm not sure which trails that we took exactly, but we started at Del Cerro and ended up at the beach. We had to walk up the street down at the bottom and cross over and walk by an archery practice area to get to the beach at the end.

nice but the begin of trail up towards the rock cliff has landslides they closed it off today

This was a great hike. It took us about 2 hours for 6.5 miles. The wild flowers standing over 7 feet tall painted the hillside with vibrant colors. You have a breathtaking view of the coast and Catalina island on a clear day for majority of the hike. The traffic is minimal along the many trails that are clearly marked to choose from with horses and bicycles being apart of this. Dog friendly, but do bring enough water for the whole family including your little furry one. Pup friendly stops are not included on this hike. Beware: Lots of bees for this season!

Wow!

Great hike - beautiful flowers. Very little shade, definitely bring water and sunscreen. Small amount of trial markers.

Great hike, the way back up is a work out, so bring water and a hat as well since there's only some shade. Still a awesome hike, with an even better view

Beautiful view!!! No shade so bring water and maybe don't go on a hot day, like I did. I will definitely go again for a sunset walk. Everything is in bloom and there lots of trail choices to choose from. Keep an eye out for snakes : )

There are a lot of different trails to get down to the cove. My planned route almost worked but some of the trails were closed, so I jumped from trail to trail. I managed to make it to Palos Verdes Street and crossed it. I went through the archery area, but there was a signed posted stating that most of the area at the cove was closed due to possible rock slides. I made it down but didn't want to take the chance. The sign said there was another part that was open, but I managed to find that trail and it was closed. It was my first time out. I did manage to take some of the closed trails on the way back to the top and they were in pretty bad shape. One trail actually did have a tree fallen in the middle which forced you to climb up a hill, but only about 5 feet or so. It wasn't hard to get around it. All and all it is mostly down hill, until you turn around to come back. I did about 1,500 feet of climbing within 7 miles.