Paintbrush Trail to Portugese Bend

Paintbrush Trail to Portugese Bend is a 5.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rancho Palos Verdes, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

beach

Del Cerro Park is a moderate trailhead located near Rancho Palos Verdes, California. The trail will take you from the top of the park all the way down to the ocean. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running and mountain biking. It is accessible year-round.

31 minutes ago

Great hike, the way back up is a work out, so bring water and a hat as well since there's only some shade. Still a awesome hike, with an even better view

1 hour ago

Beautiful view!!! No shade so bring water and maybe don't go on a hot day, like I did. I will definitely go again for a sunset walk. Everything is in bloom and there lots of trail choices to choose from. Keep an eye out for snakes : )

There are a lot of different trails to get down to the cove. My planned route almost worked but some of the trails were closed, so I jumped from trail to trail. I managed to make it to Palos Verdes Street and crossed it. I went through the archery area, but there was a signed posted stating that most of the area at the cove was closed due to possible rock slides. I made it down but didn't want to take the chance. The sign said there was another part that was open, but I managed to find that trail and it was closed. It was my first time out. I did manage to take some of the closed trails on the way back to the top and they were in pretty bad shape. One trail actually did have a tree fallen in the middle which forced you to climb up a hill, but only about 5 feet or so. It wasn't hard to get around it. All and all it is mostly down hill, until you turn around to come back. I did about 1,500 feet of climbing within 7 miles.

It's beautiful and green and heavily trafficked right now however, LA County sheriffs was up there last Sunday and threaten to give us $250 trespassing tickets because the trail is apparently closed☹️

Trail is closed today.

Great views from the top!! Currently lots of closed trails. Burma road/trail closed off due to rain and necessary repairs. We took rattlesnake trail to Kevin canyon trail to Burma road trail. Not easy on the way back up but I did it with a 6 year old!