EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Pacific to Redwoods Loop

Pacific to Redwoods Loop is a 12 mile loop trail located near Santa Cruz, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as difficult offers a number of activity options.

Use extreme caution around the cliffs near the ocean. Dress in layers: it can be very chilly near the ocean and quite warm in the park's higher reaches. The park is very popular on weekends; a weekday visit will be much more pleasant.

This was a beautiful trail! I wouldn't rate it as difficult, it's more like moderate. It seems to be more like a biker trail. I didn't see too many hikers. It wasn't too much of a problem, we just had to step aside from time to time. There were two reasons I took away a star. #1 it's not really a trail with trail markers. You are basically hoping from trail to trail. But all trails gps thing SAVED US! #blessed
#2 it's pretty long. There are a couple of points where you will wonder "when does this trail end!" But it's not too bad at the end of the day.
Don't let this discourage you. If you have the AllTrails app and are mentally and physically prepared then you will do just fine and enjoy a beautiful/diverse hike ! :)

Views all day long . Worth every step

I love enjoying the open air at the edge of the ocean. This was my first time at this trail. Me and my wife hike the 12 mile loop, the next time we would do biking. It's a really nice trail but not as hard as I though. The views at the ocean compensates the whole loop!!

Love this hike -- beach bluffs, Redwoods, hills -- so much variety! And loads of wildlife. Yesterday we spotted red tailed hawks, wild turkeys, deer, lizards, foxes, squirrels, banana slugs, otter, sea lions, seals and surfers!

Such a gorgeous and varied hikes - oceans, Redwoods, stunning views. This hike has it all! Only 3 mountain bikes and about 6 other hikers encountered on this weekday hike. Loved it!!! Moderate terrain not hard.