Eagle Rock via the PCT

Eagle Rock via the PCT is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Warner Springs, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from LA Basin: (To reach the southern end of this segment of the PCT) Drive south on Interstate 15 to Highway 79 South (Temecula). Follow Hwy. 79 approximately 25 miles east, southeast through Oak Grove to the junction with the Chihuahua Valley Road. Follow the Chihuahua Valley Road east approximately 6 miles to a point where the paved road makes a 90 degree turn to the right. A dirt road continues on east at this point. Follow this road approximately 4 miles. The PCT crosses the road in a saddle located approximately 1 mile SSE of Combs Peak. Trailhead parking is along the road.

Great, dog friendly Trail with many different views. Start off on the PCT by going through the forest alongside a stream. About two miles or so in it opens up to open prairies- we were lucky enough to be here during the super bloom so saw many different types of flowers. The rock at the end is a spectacular eagle. We enjoyed a small picnic lunch. Very lightly trafficked which makes it perfect for a dog. We did see two rattlesnakes so be aware of your surroundings and keep your dog close at all times!

Very nice hike, not difficult at all. I took my chihuahua/terrier mix, and he's worn out now! The trail is beautiful, and I found it very relaxing!

muy bonita experiencia

Amazing and easy hike :)

Beautiful day. Great hike.

Great trail to walk at magic hour. Not too many humans and a wonderful trail to take the dogs on.

I brought my 1 year old in a kids hiking backpack, my 4 year old and my 17 year old. Once out of the safety of the trees and reaching the peak the wind picked up and it was a rough time until eagle rock. It was so cold once we made it to the rock it was everything we could do get back to the car ASAP. When we got back into the safety of the trees all was right in the world. This is a good hike in the right weather conditions. It was too long of a hike for the 1 and 4 year old. When the boys get older this is a must do repeat.