Ortega Falls

Ortega Falls is a 0.3 mile loop trail located near Lake Elsinore, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from December until May.

It was an easy hike to the main water fall. You can see it from the highway. Increase the hike by following the water down and then hiking back up to the entrance.

This hike is very short but beautiful! You need to go after a good rain though! Water doesn't always flow here. Make sure you stop and get your adventure pass. 5$ you can purchase one at the lookout road house on the way to the falls! Be sure to stop here anyways the view is amazing!

A lot of rock climbing. A lot of people on the weekend. Not much water as I expected but it was a good workout; my aunt likes the hike.

Just park off the dirt lot soon as you park you can see the waterfall ...I took the right side

Pequeño.

I went the day after a significant storm and it was amazing. Very short hike but worth it.

Ortega Falls

We used GPS to get right to the dirt parking lot where the Trail head began. There are no signs, but as soon as you park and look over the cliff you can see the Waterfall.

We originally planned on doing Ortega Falls and Tenaja Falls but the road past Ortega Falls was closed. We came from the 15 Fwy. Here are a few things you should know about the Hike....

~Adventure Pass is needed
~We clocked a 1.5 miles. We took the trail going towards the left. I have no idea if the one towards the right is easier.
~Wear long pants. My legs got scraped and bruised. You will be doing a lot of scrambling up and down the cliff. Almost as if you are rock climbing.

I also wear a long sleeve and wore gloves because it was cold and foggy the morning we went. They both helped during the hike. My arms were getting scraped by branches coming down the Canyon. And the gloves helped climbing back up.

Not a long hike and a really hard hike. But I had no idea what to expect. But it's a good little work out.

Hope my review helps.

Super awesome little hike. Great for the whole family. Lots of water at the falls currently, due to the heavy rain fall lately. Not sure how long it will remain high.

Is short but it gets up and down rocky medium effort needed.