Ortega Falls

Ortega Falls is a 0.3 mile loop trail located near Lake Elsinore, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from December until May.

Dry day, just some moisture at the Falls.

By "easy" it means the trail is short but it's definitely not wheelchair accessible. Rocky and quite steep (though short) parts of the trail.

Unfortunately thr beauty has been defaced by a lot of (bad) graffiti.

It was a fun, easy trail but be careful on the rocks. Even though they weren't wet when I went they were still very smooth and slippery. I also saw a rattlesnake so watch where you step!

Water has officially dried up

Fun little hike. Although isn't marked very well so be careful and try not to get lost.

Not well marked. Once you find it, the trail was rocky and there are multiple paths. When we got to the falls, it wasn't flowing very much and there was graffiti. The hike was a pretty one and my young kids had fun. So it was a win in my book.

Amazing view for such a short hike. It's a little rocky.

So so beautiful.I was lucky enough to experience this trail with someone who loves to climb so we had a bit more of an adventure climbing up to the very top of the falls .We only did this because he led the way up there otherwise I would not recommend any novice hikers to attempt that hike/climb above the falls.Getting to the falls was quite easy and many people also took bathing suits so if you're down to enjoy the cold water then I'd recommend to pack a spare bag of clothes !

East hike. Waterfalls are low but still pretty. Sad about the trash

-I came in mid May 2017 plenty of water but the
-Waterfalls are fuller earlier in the year after the rains -Easy short hike with a great reward of waterfalls
-There are at least two Waterfalls, stay right for the bigger waterfall
-You may have to hike through bolder rocks
-The trail shrubs were outgrown
-Take water shoes
-Some poison oak
-Take snacks hang out for a bit
-1 or two 16oz water bottles per person is fine.
-Extra shoes and socks. You may be crossing water
-No strollers
It was disappointing how much trash & graffiti there was : (
PICK Up YOUR Trash! Leave No trace behind.

The family loved everything about this hike. Pretty easy to hike , you have to climb over some rocks here and there but nothing to bad. Great views

awesome trail!

Lots of tagging under the Falls. Kids pics are ruined with penis tagging behind Falls. Decent hike

alright might be pack in the middle of the day and parking could be better

It's not a bad trail. Make sure to follow the trail carefully as it is easy to get lost on the many paths that lead to no where.

There was a lot of trash for a national park, but all of the water falls are very cool and there is still a lot of water. Bring a towel and swim suit if you want to dive into the little pools too.

I honestly don't know how this "trail" gets good reviews. First off, it's literally right off Ortega Highway. I thought it would be a bonus, super short easy waterfall walk to fit in before my actual hike for the day. Instead, the proximity to the highway means a lot of people (even mid-week), mostly who are clearly inexperienced hikers, a ton of trash and randomly discarded clothing everywhere, and graffiti everywhere too.

Second, while the very short trail down is moderate due to it being fairly steep at some points, the actual pools and climb to the bigger waterfall should really be rated hard. The boulders (not rocks) that need to be navigated to reach anything other than the small middle pool area are deceptively slick even when dry, so it can be quite treacherous climbing around.

If just me, I would have maybe given 2 stars, but the extra star loss is because this really is not a dog friendly place to visit. While yes, my medium sized shepherd mix was able to get down and up the very short trail easily, he had quite a bit of difficulty dealing with all the slick boulders to maneuver to the pools of the waterfall. I am not over-exaggerating how slick they were. I actually talked to a couple other groups who said they had previously had trouble with their own dog so came back another day without it and still were nervous about climbing up to the actual larger waterfall. I myself was sliding down some of the boulders with a brand new pair of hiking shoes on with some awesome tread.

Basically, if you're any sort of regular hiker who knows what it's like being on a wonderfully secluded trail and ending up at a beautiful peaceful waterfall (even a crowded one on a weekend, but at least a beautiful hike), skip this entirely. This felt like a totally waste of time and effort just to experience other people's trash and graffiti.

easy quick hike

I love this trail ..

loved it.

Short hike with a beautiful waterfall.

This hike was so fun and so beautiful. you can simply walk down the first trail to the first waterfall, or you can keep climbing up further to two more waterfalls. You could even continue on further than we went.