Orosco Truck Trail

Orosco Truck Trail is a 15.3 mile out and back trail located near Ramona, California. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

So pretty nice hike but be sure if you are going to have gaiters-if you go off the road like we did on a single lane trail the foxtails are terrible. Had to stop several times and pick them out of our socks and boots. Also ran into some mosquitos along the water. The road make a sharp right and if you miss it then you are on single lane trail. Didn't see anyone on a Friday morning except a skunk-

Great trail. Went for about 10 miles as a trail run. Trail goes through the Boden Canyon preserve and follows a stream up the canyon.

I set out today to hike 10 miles. When all was said and done I completed 13.5 in 4 hours and 19 minutes. The hike begins with a decent down into Boden Canyon. The trail follows the canyon for about 3.7 miles. This is a pretty easy trek with very little elevation gain. At this point you can continue on or turn east on the Draco Truck Trail which takes you up to Orosco Ridge. Be careful, the turn meets the trail like an upside down Y so it is easy to walk right past it. I did for about a 1/4 mile when I stopped to check my map and GPS and realized I went too far.You turn east, but you actually turn southeast. I hit my 5 mile mark while I was still going up, so I decided to press on. At the 7 mile mark I ended up at a little flat area where the trail makes a sharp turn west and then northwest. This is about a mile short of where the trail connects with the Guejito Truck Trail. I started early (0600) so I could avoid the heat of the day. Bring lots of water. I had 5 liters and drank about 3, but its always better to have more than you need.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Saturday, November 28, 2015

It was great hike, mostly open so can be very hot. Due to the continued drought no water in the little pond or stream but a nice hike none the less. Great views and best done fall winter and in the morning before it gets too hot.

Friday, October 02, 2015