Orosco Truck Trail is a 15 mile out and back trail located near Ramona, California. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking and running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 15.0 miles Elevation Gain: 2,168 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Only did a portion of it for a trail run but loved the route. Recommend going with a buddy. Started about 0645 and by the time I finished it was getting hot. I imagine the trail would have been ideal in early March.

Great trail. Tons of shade as you go. Lots of wildflowers and beautiful views. I highly recommend.

Definitely prepare to take your shoes off to cross a little river, and make sure you don’t miss the sharp right hand turn between 3-4 miles in. Otherwise, it’s a good walk!

fee

This trailhead is actually Boden Canyon Preserve off the 78, maybe a mile past North Clevenger Canyon trailhead. I've been on this trail many times, it's beautiful in the spring, with all the wildflowers and the creek. Gets hot early, go before 7 am to beat the heat, especially May through November. it meets up with the Orozcoe truck trail and the Pama Rd trail that goes out to the closed weapons range in Ramona. Mostly flat for the first 3 miles, then you can head up to the truck trail or fight through bracken. It also has a fork right before the creek to head straight to the range, and this is narrower, but more shady. Great trail with options, I've never made it to the end of the truck trail, I regularly get 6-9 miles round trip, though.

It was awesome, hot with little shade, hunting is active so be careful wear bright colors just not red or orange ( turkey turkey)

Tue Mar 05 2019

Easy trail that goes on for miles! Beautiful hillsides covered in poppies and wildflowers. With all our recent rainfall, we could hear the water rushing below us. Took the trail down to the water to capture some amazing water shots and video. We didn’t see anyone on the trail until our way back to the car and passed one person out taking photos.

Tue Oct 09 2018

Where to park the car for hiking???

Sat May 27 2017

So pretty nice hike but be sure if you are going to have gaiters-if you go off the road like we did on a single lane trail the foxtails are terrible. Had to stop several times and pick them out of our socks and boots. Also ran into some mosquitos along the water. The road make a sharp right and if you miss it then you are on single lane trail. Didn't see anyone on a Friday morning except a skunk-

Tue Apr 11 2017

Great trail. Went for about 10 miles as a trail run. Trail goes through the Boden Canyon preserve and follows a stream up the canyon.

Mon Aug 29 2016

I set out today to hike 10 miles. When all was said and done I completed 13.5 in 4 hours and 19 minutes. The hike begins with a decent down into Boden Canyon. The trail follows the canyon for about 3.7 miles. This is a pretty easy trek with very little elevation gain. At this point you can continue on or turn east on the Draco Truck Trail which takes you up to Orosco Ridge. Be careful, the turn meets the trail like an upside down Y so it is easy to walk right past it. I did for about a 1/4 mile when I stopped to check my map and GPS and realized I went too far.You turn east, but you actually turn southeast. I hit my 5 mile mark while I was still going up, so I decided to press on. At the 7 mile mark I ended up at a little flat area where the trail makes a sharp turn west and then northwest. This is about a mile short of where the trail connects with the Guejito Truck Trail. I started early (0600) so I could avoid the heat of the day. Bring lots of water. I had 5 liters and drank about 3, but its always better to have more than you need.

Sat Nov 28 2015

It was great hike, mostly open so can be very hot. Due to the continued drought no water in the little pond or stream but a nice hike none the less. Great views and best done fall winter and in the morning before it gets too hot.

Fri Oct 02 2015