Orchard Trail, Toyon Trail, Lagoon Trail Loop

Orchard Trail, Toyon Trail, Lagoon Trail Loop is a 6.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Reliez Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Great views, there’s parts of the trail that’s a bit muddy after the recent rain. The deer, birds, salamanders and squirrel’s made for a great hike today.

We just this trail this morning. I’m a once a week hiker and we went as a group of 13. We did the entire red highlighted track. In the end it was more like 7.5 miles. We considered this hike...HARD as it was long and took us through several incline hills. We started at 8:04am and completed it at 11:10am. If I hiked a lot, I would agree it’s a moderate rating but if your a beginner I would say it is hard. For beginners take the Alhambra Creek path which cuts across. From the parking lot go through the gate and at the open field take the trail to the left instead of the right side and follow the dotted lines. It will still give you a workout but not as difficult. It’s still a great hike. Lots of shaded trees and a beautiful view at the top of the hill.

Monday, November 20, 2017

Did this yesterday and what a beautiful day for a hike. . .Loved the cows.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The first time I did this hike was with my son in 2003. The last time was 4 months ago solo and there were a few other times in between. Plenty of hills but not really long or very steep. Just enough to get a good cardio and be able to enjoy the views and getting a workout and some miles on your feet.

Saturday, September 30, 2017