One Eye Creek Trail

One Eye Creek Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Garden Valley, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

One Eye Creek is a 5.4-mile Forest Service trail which descends 1000 feet into a canyon and ends at Rock Creek Falls. The terrain around the falls is mainly rocky and steep in some places.

there was so much poison oak we had to turn around at mile 1.

not kept up at all....

wouldn't suggest for begginners! coming back is uphill most of the way. Beautiful hike. warning the trail isnt very maintained.

Difficult to find; not well marked and lots and lots of poison oak!

Was unkempt and very steep towards the bottom. Didn't see a waterfall at all. The signage was scatter d and we thought we were lost a few times.

It was really nice in the beginning but towards the middle the trail was very hard to see and very unkept, towards the second creek it was really steep, we didn't go very far before we had to turn around, also I recommend not taking a pet, I found 18 ticks on my dog

It was a beautiful hike in the beginning, towards the bottom it got really steep. It was very hard to pass through during this time. We made it down to the creek but we were unclear of where to go next. It was very wet during this time, but if it were a little dryer we would of tried to go and find the waterfall. Hopefully next time we come back we will find it!

Nice day hike. Quiet and peaceful with lots of fallen leaves to cushion noise. Mixed oak and conifer woodland keep the hike interesting. Moderate rating is good although the last little bit by the creek is steep but short. No bugs this late in the season. Highly recommended.

Very pretty hike. Able to take our dog with us. The trail is a bit overgrown at parts with blackberry vines and, as other review on here have noted, there are a lot of bugs. Also, be advised the hike back is much steeper than the hike in. Regardless, the waterfall at the end is more than worth it. I would recommend this trail to others.

This trail was ok as far as views the creek was nice but it was so overgrown we could not go any further so we were unable to see the waterfall. Hike back up to the top was a little strenuous but doable. Thanks to the previous reviews we were able to find it, and another reviewer was 100% correct about the bugs they were HORRIBLE!!!! I sprayed my deep woods off at least 10 times and it was not enough. I had a halo of bugs the whole time

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Awesome hike..It was just me, my boyfriend and dog..coming back up from the water was very steep..a total leg work out ..took my 3 y/o pit and she did well ! This trail seemed a little longer than 6 miles.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

ok. called one eye creek because there were so many mosquitoes in your face and eyes that you will probably lose an eye.
went with a 3 yo, 5 yo, 7 yo and 11 and the 3 yo (usually the best hiker) was carried all the way and the 5 yo broke down 1/4 mi into the return.
last 1+mile is steep. and a scramble to get to the waterfalls.
pretty falls and a good hike if your fit and over 20
stop by the ranger station just a little ways away-away - theyll tell you a better road and path to take than whats listed here. this route was about 8 miles and 4 hours for our crew with lunch.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

1. Take Highway 193 from Highway 49 toward Georgetown, California.

2. If you are coming from Highway 50, turn right on Traverse Creek Road, or from Highway 80, turn left on Traverse Creek Road.

3. Take Bear Creek Road to the right and pass Bear Creek Picnic area on the right (although this is a good place to stop and use restrooms since there aren't any at the trailhead).

4. Continue for 0.7 miles to Forest Service Road 12N81 on the right, visible due to park signs posted. (I uploaded a photo of the Rock Creek sign) Follow this road until 3 roads converge and park. The trail is signed.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

I love this trail, but keep in mind, I am not allergic to poison oak. If you are, be prepared! Another things is trail maintenance. I heard it called a "Bring your machete" hike, and so it was. I took loppers, and used them to trim the berry vines off the trail! Another thing good to know is to stop at Bear Creek Picnic Area on the way for bathroom use. I am loading a photo of the signage and the turnoff. This trail is well marked, much better than in the past.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Really nice hike, pretty steep hike going back up. But beware tons of mosictos, tons! Very peaceful, the waterfall is nice.