O'Melveny Bee Canyon Trail

O'Melveny Bee Canyon Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Granada Hills, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Tough but good

Moderately strenuous hike with some steep inclines peppered along the way to give you a good sweat. Would absolutely recommend, but remember:

Wear appropriate footwear
Bring at least 72 ounces of water
Practice “Leave No Trace” etiquette
Ascent has right of way
No one wants to hear your music, keep the speakers in the car and be courteous of others who are trying to enjoy themselves

Moderate at times a little steep.

Fun little trail in town.

It can get really steep at sections. Get ready to burn close to 1,000 calories in less than 90 minutes! It was nice today after the light rain we got. First mile is a nice easy warmup through the park.

Quite strenuous, but a great trail with various landscapes.

Couple of quick elevation gain leading to steep uphill make this trail a bit strenuous. Still doable with a rewarding view!!

This is what I would call an extreme hike not moderate. I would say my group is fit but this is an intense hike.

Does anyone know what the hardest trail is here ?

Took the picnic trail up to the loop trail.
Good workout that was mostly incline but was gradual.

More challenging than I thought it was going to be (a good thing) :)

Definitely not a walk in the park! I'm newer to hiking and this was definitely a challenge for me. Lots of steep inclines but the views are worth the pain. Just be careful and wear good shoes.

Still my favorite go to for hiking. Safe and friendly people,too.

Excellent hike and exercise. Benches available to rest. Lots of people.

great!!!

A retreat and peaceful hike that seemed to be appreciated and maintain by all

Love it

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Steep hills going both up and down with no tree cover. Nice city views at the top