Olmstead Loop Trail

Olmstead Loop Trail is a 8.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cool, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

$10 to park. Unless you park down the road. Good trail with rolling hills that is smooth for the most part. A few rocky sections and a steep part that goes down to the creek. I got about half way through the loop and there were no more signs. I just kept to the right (did trail clock-wise) and wound up back at the trail head. One deep creek section.

With the ticks so bad this year, we are back to the road and off the trails for a while. The road is filled with lovely views of the Sierras, Folsom lake, and downtown Sac. A nice morning walk for us and the dog.

it was a smooth trail not many rocks but not really an exciting horseback ride. a lot of sun and not a lot of tree shade

It was fun, moderately easy, pretty scenery. We did some modifications to keep it to 5 miles and it was a great morning adventure.

Long flat trail. Other than getting your miles in on higher ground, there are better scenic options in the area.

awesome!

Prepare to get dirty, it was pretty muddy throughout the whole hike. Knickerbocker Creek at around the halfway point had a good flow of water so we took our shoes off to cross. The trail shown on this website is not the actual trail. There is a map of the trail when you get here. I strongly suggest thinking pictures of the trail map for reference. My GPS tracked me at around 10 miles from start to finish. *Caution: Watch out for Rattlesnakes!*

We hiked about 30 minutes in and the trail was washed out by creek. Had to turn around. Beautiful area.

Great spring hike