Olive and Thermalito Trail Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(102)
Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park

Olive and Thermalito Trail Loop is a 4 mile loop trail located near Sunol, California and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 1,069 feet Route Type: Loop

A nice mildly trafficked trail, with a couple nice view points. Ample amount of parking and easy trail access.

Wonderful views! I took my dog and it was the perfect hike for us. I would say moderate level hike- there is a good amount of elevation but so worth it! Wherever you decide to stop, there are great views! The hiking trails here can be hard to find because there are so many (at Pleasanton ridge)-but this app is perfect to guide you to your destination! Highly recommend this hike, path is smooth for most part. Would definitely do it again!

Great trail! A lot of incline and some narrow paths at times but the views made it worth it.

Inclined 80% of the trail. Really great views. A slow hike but really nice and fun. Did the whole thing with my 5 year old and he loved it too.

This trail is really beautiful with the olive grove and view of the valley. it has good amount of elevation and give you a good work out. Highly recommend this trail. Will definitely come back again.

Great hike, wide well maintained main trail. Not a 5 star, just based on personal preference, I prefer a longer warm-up, and this hike elevates immediately.

Wed Mar 13 2019

Sun Mar 10 2019

Wed Jul 18 2018

Enjoyed this trail system. I've done all of it a few times.

Sat Jul 14 2018

Start early, not much shade, bring lots of water, it was ok

Wed Jun 13 2018

I liked it. Good amount of incline and decent scenery. Tons of wildlife if you’re into that jazz. Hiked it in 90F and there isn’t much coverage so expect to work up a huge sweat. Good after work hike. Took us 90 mins

Sun May 13 2018

I loved it here! There was some overgrowth on some of the trails but it wasn’t too bad. There are some shaded areas so the sun isn’t overwhelming

Mon Jan 01 2018

Hiked 12-31-17. Overcast, but a very temperate day. I hiked the Eastside of the loop going to the water tank between post numbers 21 and 23. Then followed the west side back. Great add on for this hike. I enjoyed the olive groove, the views of pleasanton, the the quiet of the west of the ridge. Did 8.5 miles

Thu Dec 28 2017

Nice hike, especially if you live in the area and don't want to drive to more popular trails. Was super green after the rains earlier this year. And, cows!

Sat Sep 02 2017

Close to freeway, plenty of parking, a lot of olive and oak trees, great views.

Fri Jun 02 2017

took 1h45m to complete. good workout. spotty shade and lots of sun in may. decent amount of bugs along the way. trail is well maintained. great place for a quick hike if you live in the area. follow the path laid out, the descent is more gradual compared to the ascent

Sat Apr 15 2017

Nice little hike with great views from the top of the surrounding area. Mountain biking is listed as an activity, but bikes aren't permitted on Woodland Trail. I suggested an edit. The rest of the trails are fair game and I look forward to coming back with the bike. Today was my first time here, so I just brought the dog for a short hike. The ridge sees a lot more sun than some of the other places I've been hiking, so it was refreshing not to have to deal with as much mud from the rainy season.

Sun Jan 01 2017

Great trail. Nice incline to max elevation. One bit of advice though: PLEASE IF YOU BRING A DOG, PICK UP AFTER THEM!!! Nothing ruins a hike/walk more than stepping in some lazy ones dog crap.