Old Stagecoach Road

Old Stagecoach Road is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Chatsworth, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Hiked Stagecoach trail from back of Corriganville in Simi Valley to Chatsworth. It was a nice moderate hike, not too strenuous, but watch out for poison oak at top of section between Corriganville and Santa Susana Pass road! Once you get into Chatsworth the different trails are marked well.

Starts off on asphalt road. Take the quary trail and it will meet up with the Santa Susanna trail. Nice view at the top. Along the road you can actually see holes where they planned to put dynamite. There is also a sign commemorating the road dated in 1930. About 3 mile round trip.

I loved this trail has lot of rocks and scenic beauty

love this trail!!

Fun walk!!

Short, sweet and unique.

park is closed for renovations, unable to access trailhead

Hiked from the bottom trailhead where Valley Circle, Lassen, and Baden cross, to the top trailhead on Lilac Lane. At the top you can see the San Fernando and Simi Valleys. The historical marker is along the trail at (34.261553,-118.628923). A great family hike, but 650 feet of elevation change is not for out-of-condition hikers.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

I finally found the Stagecoach plaque! There is another trail head on Andora Ave. for Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park. There are trail maps but the plaque is not marked on the paper map. I used this existing trail map on this app and just started walking making my best guesses until my hike intersected the app's trail. Awesome view!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Temporarily closed

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Looking forward to the hike but the park was closed

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Closed due to hazardous waste.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

The scenery was beautiful but I got very turned around with all the little trails going off in different directions. Enter the trail on Larwin off of Devonshire. Part of the trail was paved. I would do this again at a later time.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Great hike to explore and jump around on rocks.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

One of my favorite mid week hikes!

Monday, October 12, 2015

About as neat as a trail in Los Angeles Incorporated can get. Sunrise views are pretty epic.

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Pretty good hike. Not too difficult.

Thursday, February 06, 2014

I hiked this trail ever since i could hike! since i was like 4 or 5. i know the chatsworth mountains like the back of my hand! in high school my friends and i would ditch class and smoke pot in these hidden areas i found for us. we called them our secret spots. I remember once i was so upset with my family that I ran away with a sleeping bag some food and a back pack full of my camping gear and stayed in the mountains for 3 days and 2 nights. i found some amazing spots there. i could never get lost there. i was always comfortable. as i got older my friends and I dropped acid here and over all enjoyed our adventures in nature. we almost never stuck to any specific trail we would just have a blast and find new spots! this is home for me. i cant believe i moved so far away from here… i miss it sooo much. damn, i just made my self cry. ='( home sick!

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

This is one of my favorite local trails, since it's not too far from where I live. Lots of cool rock formations to climb on, nice views and other little hiking trails to discover. There is no shade, so get there early! The hills aren't too steep so it's an easy to moderate hike depending on which trails you take. Being plenty of water and sunscreen. Not many hikers around here, so it's a pretty peaceful hike.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

This is a very nice trail; great views, awesome history and well maintained. In fact the whole Santa Susana State Park is very nice - lots of trails criss-crossing everywhere. Great for dogs - but watch out for rattlers!