Old San Pedro Mountain Road / North Peak Trail

Old San Pedro Mountain Road / North Peak Trail is a 9.7 mile loop trail located near Pacifica, California that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 9.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,840 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

Climb to the top pf San Pedro Mountain. Enjoy scenic views of the surrounding hills and the Pacific Ocean. A great place to watch the sunset in the summer. This trail is steep and hot, bring lots of water.

Always gorgeous views of the coastline, however the trail is steep with uneven footing in some places so make sure you’re steady on your feet

Absolutely loved this trail! There was one portion near the summit called "the crack" on the map that was Rocky, steep, and a bit challenging but otherwise moderate. The views once you get above the fog are absolutely stunning. Nice bits of shade for parts of the trail, but some long sections are exposed. I enjoyed one section of the trail so much that I looked back to complete it again, and I extended at the far end to explore Gray whale cove-- the views were worth it. 12.87 miles/4h23min. The trail is heavily trafficked by bikes so be sure to listen for them.

Cool hike!

So amazing- loved this trail and was not too difficult, esp. with a good bike! I started in Pacifica and went all the way to Moss Beach, where my family joined me by car and picked me up. - The trail continues down Montara Mountain and goes behind Sun Valley Equestrian, all the way to the town of Moss Beach.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Pretty gentle up and downhills, but not much of a trail (mostly an old asphalt road)

Monday, July 24, 2017

This is a gorgeous place to witness a scenic view of green hills and the blue of the Pacific Ocean. My friend and I started the trail from the old San Pedro Road to Montara State Beach. We saw so many bunnies - two horses taking a walk and lizards! It's worth it and beautiful.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Solid trail that starts in trees before climbing out to low lying vegetation and views of Pacifica and the ocean.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Most of the hike is on paved fire road. I prefer softer dirt trails. They're better on your knees and hiking poles. This location seems better for mountain biking with all the cool courses and jumps.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Good hike. The first mile is basically a downhill mountain bike track, jumps, burms and all, so keep your head up and be ready to move. I went on a saturday and there were about a dozen bikers. Other than that, typical bay area hike, good views, some fog, wildflowers, trees.

Friday, March 04, 2016

I love this hike, have done it many times and the views never cease to amaze me!!!

Sunday, October 04, 2015

Beautiful hike in Fall. A lot of various trails to take and shade. I would recommend it for intermediate and above.

recorded Montara Mountain Trail