Old Coulterville OHV Road

Old Coulterville OHV Road is a 16.2 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Coulterville, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is best used from April until December.

Distance: 16.2 miles Elevation Gain: 4,219 feet Route Type: Point to Point

ohv / off road driving

off road driving

We started this trail from the bull creek ohv trail in Briceburg. This is the first trail that I have taken my Fj cruiser on. It’s pretty much stock. I have bilstein 5100’s front and back, all pro rock sliders, and rci skid plates. I made it with no issues. Found a few fun hills to to climb off the trail. I put it in 4 low and locked the rear dif. Climbed them with no problem. We had lots of fun. We saw deer and other wildlife. Followed the trail to the end and made a huge circle towards Coulterville. Most of the trail can be done in 4x2 with a little clearance. Just watch out for a few deep washouts. There are some fenced areas with private property/no trespassing signs posted. Just stay on old Coulterville rd and you will be fine.

off road driving

5th gen 4Runner with a 3 in lift on 33s decent off-road trail. I didn’t have any issues with clearance at all. Any obstacle can also be avoided if ride height is an issue. 4WD is likely needed to complete the entire trail. It’s a pretty trail once you get further into it but not as pretty as some. Trail was pretty clear!

bridge out

The trail is littered with burned logs from a recent wildfire but easy to navigate around. The trail is "clear" for 13.8 of the described 16 miles in the AT description. We could not go around or move several blown down trees. We exited the trail via Varden Flats Road/Hyw 120 but not after retracing our path due to road bridge repair just shy of Hyw 120.

Tuesday, March 06, 2018