Oceanside Pier is a 1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Oceanside, California that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.0 miles Elevation Gain: 45 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

city walk

An easy city walk along the Oceanside ocean front comprising of the Oceanside Pier.

Beautiful night, hardly any people out.

Nice evening, a little warm out.

Not a trail, but beautiful!

this isn't exactly hiking but I love the pier :) extremely crowded and no dogs allowed but people bring them anyway.

bridge out

Not really a trail but the pier is quite long and the walk along the strand perpendicular to the pier is quite nice. Downtown Oceanside has cleaned up nicely over the past decade into something quite beautiful, crowded, vibrant, and fun.

beautiful walk

Fri Nov 23 2018

Walked along the pier and all over Oceanside (22,000 steps according to my fitbit). The water and beach was really nice and clean looking.

Fri Sep 07 2018

My heart sings when I see the pier. I remember watching it be destroyed in the 80's by an insane storm when I was roughly 7-8 years old. My uncle Albert, an avid surfer at the time was devisated by the damage left by the storm. I also remember my grandmother going at him pretty good for taking me outside during that storm. I met the most wonderful Hawaiian girl named Sam next to the Pier... That was a great summer! My HS class picture was taken on the base of the pier. Go Pirates! I have dozens of stories about this great place. I can go on and on.... The sunsets here are a must see. I highly recommend stopping in Oceanside and walking the pier at least ounce in your life.

Thu Aug 02 2018

absolutely beautiful!

Wed Jun 27 2018

Beautiful and relaxing walk!

Sun Mar 25 2018

The wind is chilly every time I come here. Good views and good vibes.

Wed Mar 07 2018

Crowded but fun, and the water is always beautiful. Go on a Thursday night if you don’t mind crowds, and you can pair it with a stroll through the Sunset Market. Skip the burger joint at the end of the pier, there are loads of wonderful food trucks at the market, but grab a giant pier pickle at the stand halfway down and check out the cool historical pictures on a bulletin board across from the shack. It can get cold, so wear layers.

Wed Feb 14 2018

Fun. No dogs allowed. Easy. Usually crowded. Take a sweatshirt as the winds can be chilly across the pier.

Fri Jan 19 2018

Better to walk during the week than the weekend. Late Friday tends to be packed.

recorded Recording - Sep 17, 10:35 AM