Ocean Overlook Loop Trail

Ocean Overlook Loop Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Malibu, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was a gorgeous "build your own" hike. I wanted to do more than 2.7 miles but my husband has a bad knee so can't do strenuous hikes...this was prefect because we added on another mile or so with a few more trail explorations. All of the rain made this look like we were in Hawaii vs Malibu...so green everywhere with 15+ different types of wildflowers. We also enjoyed scrambling up a few rocks for better views...but the best view was the overlook trail that hugs the coastline. You could see for miles... There were several parking spaces even though we got there at 11:00 am, so don't despair if your partner is not a morning person ; ). Can't wait to come back with kiddos. Lovely & uncrowded vs other hikes.

Lets start this review with a warning. Went on a Saturday and got to the parking lot around 11:15. It was full. It became "invent a parking place time". Didn't get a ticket and there were four cars parked where we were before we left the car. When we returned, about 1:30, I expected that the parking lot would be half empty. I was surprised to find that more cars had invented more parking places. So be warned..get to Charmlee early on nice weekend days in wildflower season. The wildflowers were excellent so it's well worth the trip. Found Catalina Mariposa Lilies on the Clyde Canyon Trail. It's a bit overgrown but worth doing the trail just for the lilies. Lots of Hummingbird Sage on the Botany Trail and nice patches of California Poppies on the West Meadow Trail near the Reservoir Trail. Lots and lots of families on the trails and everyone is really nice. Had a golden retriever with us and she was a huge hit. Finally, no view at all but ocean fog is typical of spring along the coast.

Really beautiful! Pretty easy hike a few areas with small incline were nice for a little work on the glutes!

Amazing hike! It really makes you feel like you are miles away from the city! I went when it was really overcast and it was still beautiful.

I hiked this trail with my seven year old daughter. It was a perfect hike for her.