Oat Hill Mine Road: Aetna Springs Trailhead

Oat Hill Mine Road: Aetna Springs Trailhead is a 7.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Pope Valley, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This trail is so much fun for mountain biking! It can be a little difficult to find the trail head, but the best way I was able to was just search up Aetna Springs road and follow it until the little parking area. The road gets a little bit rough, and muddy, with lots of rocks to get around. This may very depending on the time of year, I was there during the rainy seasons both times I’ve gone. So maybe plan on taking a higher vehicle preferably with 4WD. But it’s well worth it, awesome views and even a stretch that has some cool caves and rocks you can climb on. Be careful climbing though, one time I slipped on some moss and fell about 20 feet and went into a roll. I was completely uninjured somehow... the downhill ride is super fun too.

Great hike easy hike. Lots of interesting geology and wildflowers when I went in late April. If starting at the trail head, I would only attempt with a high clearance vehicle. The road leading to the trail head is very rough.

I love this entire area! This entrance is my favorite. This trail can be accomplished as an out and back in two - 3 directions or a long loop going to Table Rock which would be considered a hard hike. Fabulous stone features, the area escaped the fires. We hiked an out then North and back (5mi total) prior to new year's.