Oakzanita Peak Trail

Oakzanita Peak Trail is a 5.8 mile out and back trail located near Descanso, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

1 hour ago

Gorgeous hike, we did it at sunset to watch full moon rise, was perfect for that use!!

Nice little hike. Well-maintained trail and a gorgeous 360 view to greet you. Oaks and Manzanilla...yeah. Lots of that.

Enjoyed this hike! Nice views.

Trail was easy to find and well marked. Overall its a moderate challenge with some loose rocks throughout certain sections. Shaded while traversing near the creek.
Great views at the Pinnacle, similar to Cuyamaca Peak and Stonewall Peak. I recommend those, too.
There is a registry at the top tucked between some boulders.
Just under 6 miles round trip.
Recorded and uploaded two tracks: Ascent & Descent

There in November. So clear we could see Point Loma from the summit. One of the best panorama views in the county. Only saw one other group on the trail. Very peaceful. We'll be back!

Loved this hike and it has an amazing breath taking view.

Good trail I was the only one on the trail I didn't see or encounter another person the entire way. It was kinda cold today though glad I wore I long sleeve shirt, overall a good hike easy to follow trail and good scenery

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Great views from the top!