Oakmont and Oakridge Trail

Oakmont and Oakridge Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Redlands, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

One of the trails in Redlands. Open all year to all skill level. This is a mountain trail at Live Oak Canyon.

I frequently ride my mountain bike on this trail. It’s pretty. Summer time there are plenty of rattle snakes. Bob cats are present there.

This place is odd. A million trails going different ways. Nothing really marked. It’s be helpful putting the specific trail names on this page not just the Park name. Anyway lots of brush to walk through, dogs got stickers in paws, poop everywhere, just not well kept. Not worth it to me but would be better for biking or horse.

This was somewhat confusing. First we did the East Canyon Loop trail. it's only 1.2 miles with no elevation rise. so then we went up the West Canyon Loop and it gets to the top and directs you 1 mile to parking lot, 2 miles back to here. we just doubled back after another half mile. I think you want to do the trail on All Trails- when you get to the fork- take the West Canyon Loop trail. In the fall wear pants, overgrown brush with stickers. Beautiful views though, will definitely be back.

Regular trail wasn't long enough for me so used the map and tried to take some other trails, went into some deep canyon areas doing a lot of back tracking and getting cut off by private property meanwhile shredding my legs with razor bushes, definitely wearing leggings next time and possibly a machete to clear bushes.

Lots of wildflowers, caterpillars, and butterflies. You can loop if you walk up the paved street through the housing development for about 200ft before rejoining the trail.

Beautiful and easy train, perfect in Spring with lots of wild flowers! Only thing to know, it does not loop as it suggests, because there is a new housing development on the far end. Beautiful views!

Fun hike with my kids and dog. Some beautiful views.

this is a good hike to take in the mouths of March and April when the mountains are green and the flowers are blooming and it's still somewhat cool out great view's wouldn't want to take it in the summer not enough shade .

Beautiful views and a great hike

Beautiful scenery, lots of photo ops, but there are a ton of trails in all sorts of directions and really no signs to guide you.

Trails weren't marked well, but it was easy to find our way back to the trail head. Really beautiful and easy hike for you and your pups!

It was very nice. Would love to try to run it when I'm not wearing a baby.

I've done this trail several times last year when it was all dried up. It's a much better site with all the greenery. Definitely an easy trail you could do with the kiddos.

beautifully green right now!

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Beautiful hike/walk. It's fairly flat with easy terrain to navigate for novice hikers. This hike was a little slick at the top of the hill before the three-way Y but if you take a boot with a little bite in the tread it is not bad
This hike was beautiful this time of year (Jan) very green and beautiful views of snowcapped mountains and Rollinghills out towards Moreno Valley
1-17-17

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

As I parked a police officer showed up because the car next to us was broken into, besides that the trail was amazing! Beautiful views, great uphill workout.

Friday, September 23, 2016

Beautiful panoramic view of the valley. I went when it was still dry season in September, but I definitely want to go back after the rainfall to see it lush and green.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Was very hard to follow trail markers. They were very confusing. Extremely easy to get lost- my cousin and I went this morning and got lost for about 45 minutes. No clear markings on which direction to continue on after a certain point. Actual trail is easy to follow for awhile, but it is not so clear after while.

Friday, July 01, 2016

nice route.. stay on the dirty path