Oak Oasis Open Space Preserve

Oak Oasis Open Space Preserve is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lakeside, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I'll tell you what, it's magical during the spring ✨ You've got pink, yellow, and purple wildflowers blooming, a running creek, a waterfall, and the lake lookout! It's truly a hidden gem.

Love this trail, very scenic and serene. Got a little muddy at times but no big deal. There's a big parking lot so no issue there. There's also shade throughout the hike and the scenic point halfway through is beautiful. Very easy hike, would definitely go again.

Easy hike. Very nice scenery. Some cool geocaches along the trail.

The recent rains made this an incredible hike. Perfect for my two grandkids. Nothing like getting a little muddy when your a kid. Would have given it a 5 but it was too short for me.

Did this today with a 3 and 5 year old and had a great time. Just challenging enough, lots of variety of things to see. A beautiful outlook over a lake. We had a ball!

Very fun, easy trail. I went with my boyfriend and there was so much to explore. Some areas were incredibly green and other areas looked more desert like, the entire trail was gorgeous. We found a beautiful spot over looking the lake to eat our sandwiches and while we were eating we saw a Bald Eagle! We had so much fun and will definitely being going back!

This trail has different "scenes" which is enchanting. The view of the reservoir is beautiful.

I have been going on this trail for over 20 years. Some can say I grew up on this trail. It's the best trail if you have a couple hours and need to get out and get some fresh air and not feel like you are going to die after. It's great for horseback riding as well. Just look for snakes and people enjoying themselves on there horses and you'll be just fine.

Very easy hike, good for families. Very minimal inclines with rocks. The trail is just a loop. Most of the way you are surrounded by high shrubs so don't see anything, but once you reach the top there is a great view of the lake. Lots of rocks to climb along the loop. The first time we tried this trail our dog got some kind of thorn in his foot and couldn't walk, so we had to turn back. Came back another day without him to finish the loop. We did see a lot of dogs on this trail so it is dog friendly. Not sure I would do it again because it was a little too easy but seems great for families.

It was nice. At first you couldn't see any scenery because the shrubs around the trail were super high, but the garther you go, the more open it got. The view of the lake was beautiful.