Oak Oasis Open Space Preserve

Oak Oasis Open Space Preserve is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lakeside, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Some parts swampy, some parts desert. Saw a ton of little frogs, some lizards, hawks, and great view of the reservoir halfway through. Maybe a quarter of the trail had shade but otherwise sunny. Great hike overall

A lot more tree cover than expected. Beautiful walk in spring.

I'll tell you what, it's magical during the spring ✨ You've got pink, yellow, and purple wildflowers blooming, a running creek, a waterfall, and the lake lookout! It's truly a hidden gem.

Love this trail, very scenic and serene. Got a little muddy at times but no big deal. There's a big parking lot so no issue there. There's also shade throughout the hike and the scenic point halfway through is beautiful. Very easy hike, would definitely go again.

Easy hike. Very nice scenery. Some cool geocaches along the trail.

The recent rains made this an incredible hike. Perfect for my two grandkids. Nothing like getting a little muddy when your a kid. Would have given it a 5 but it was too short for me.

Did this today with a 3 and 5 year old and had a great time. Just challenging enough, lots of variety of things to see. A beautiful outlook over a lake. We had a ball!

Very fun, easy trail. I went with my boyfriend and there was so much to explore. Some areas were incredibly green and other areas looked more desert like, the entire trail was gorgeous. We found a beautiful spot over looking the lake to eat our sandwiches and while we were eating we saw a Bald Eagle! We had so much fun and will definitely being going back!

This trail has different "scenes" which is enchanting. The view of the reservoir is beautiful.