Oak Grove Truck Trail to High Point

Oak Grove Truck Trail to High Point is a 15.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Warner Springs, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Oak Grove Truck Trail is located near Warner Springs, CA. The trail is primarily used for Hiking and is accessible year-round.

First two miles is steep, fire road after long and climbing, awesome hike!

Definitely not moderate, is hard, and not well marked, or moderately trafficked (no one around). but, it's the only thing near the Oak Grove camoground... so, hike on.
Also, lots and LOTS of animal tracks left in the drying mud.

What a trail!!! Definitely not a moderate hike - more towards the challenging/hard side. Very beautiful! The gradual transition from dry to snow was an awesome treat. Took my sons with me, ages 11, 8 & 8 (twins). They did awesome! We hit the trail at 0630 and returned at 1550.

NOTE: I would not recommend this trail for young kids. My older boys have been hiking since very very young and I've already started my younger three (4, 3 & 1) on smaller trails.

great hike ...should be rated difficult.

I think I did a slightly modified version as outlined in Afoot and Afield. I took the Oak Grove trail, not the truck trail, for the first part. Came in at about 14 miles, 3600 ft of elevation. Beautiful views! Also, this hike should probably be rated hard, not moderate. Great cardio workout.

Great views of San Jacinto & Gorgonio. Lookout Tower staffed by volunteers at end of trail which is over 6000 ft. 13 miles roundtrip. Mainly fire road except first part of trail

Great trail with tons of great views! Start early and bring plenty of water. Plan for at least 7 hours round trip with breaks.