Oak Canyon to Grasslands Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(401)
Mission Trails Regional Park

Oak Canyon to Grasslands Trail is a 3.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.7 miles Elevation Gain: 344 feet Route Type: Loop

This trail is not accurate at all.

Pack a snack for the waterfall

recorded Recording - Mar 01, 02:22 PM

Great trail but.... I must have missed the 5k loop it was not a loop and I was not sure how to make it a loop so thank goodness we started early and we just kinda walked around. There were lots of people out but so many trails. Lots of great photo spots lots of water, bridges and the dam was pretty

Great easy hike for young kids! I took my 3 today (5 years, 3 years, and 8 months of age) and they all loved it.

Loved this hike! I went on a Monday at 8am. I didn’t see a soul until I was on my way back which was around 12. I enjoyed sitting by the water. It was low but the sound of the stream was loud enough to drown out the highway noise. Very rocky, and would suggest hiking boots as some of the rocks were slippery from the creek bed.

Beautiful trail running along the creek. I’m glad I wore my hiking boots because some of the rocks were wet and slippery and some parts of the trail were muddy.

Great creek views and some shade during the second half. Well maintained trail.

Waterfalls are nicely flowing !!

Awesome easy hike, started out by the dam, went through oak canyon and out the back around the grasslands, super mellow hike with beautiful rock formations and views, I can’t see this as anything less then breathtaking with water flowing down the river bed!! Very well maintained trail

Great weather for a hike, cool , breezy, not to many people out today, get out and enjoy life, hike

Encountered 2 bobcats on Sept 24 2019 at 10 am

Great morning for a hike, solid warm up for Yosemite this week, enjoy and get out and hike

Good hike for getting back in shape - hot thru the grassland midday

Done. Forgot to time

Easy trail to hike. Usually we start this hike around 7:30 am and can go the entire hike without seeing anyone. Definitely picks up with number of people on trail if you start any later.

Tue May 28 2019

Always a great loop, closer to 4 miles from the dam, the stream is still running a little and it’s still really green, weather great 60’s, get out and hike!

Tue May 21 2019

It was pretty easy and simple, but enjoyable. I got turned around a couple times because there are so many splits in the trail, but for the most part it was easy to follow.

Wed May 08 2019