North Ridge Trail

North Ridge Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Redwood City, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Explore a section of the Bay Area Ridge Trail and hike through beautiful redwood groves in the Purisima Creek Redwooods Open Space Preserve.

Great out and back hike with some great views. Easy going down and a good workout going up. Mostly shaded with a good patch of sun half way in.

At the start there is a sign pointing the direction of the trail and other trails. It says to go left which is the road but if you go right it takes you to a nice little trail that will spit you back out on to the North Ridge trail.

Favorite trail thus far in Cali! Keep going back!
Great workout in gorgeous setting. Pockets of
sunshine interspersed with shady areas-nice mix.
I feel refreshed and uplifted from the spectacular
views, fresh air and very well maintained trail.

Quite good for a civilized hike.

Hi,
I did the North Ridge Trail.
I carry my son in a carrier.
He is 3+ so heavy.

The course goes downhill mainly and then a little uphill and downhill at the end.
I found some of the downhills quite steep for me with a backpack {child carrier}. I would recommend bringing a walking stick to help balance.

I deducted one star since the end of the trail has no tables or view and is just a tiny clearing. This made our picnic a little dull.
Other than that it was an excellent hike I'd say moderate to difficult with a child carrier.
If you are just hiking, probably moderate since it is hardly ever flat.