North Ridge Trail

North Ridge Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Redwood City, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Explore a section of the Bay Area Ridge Trail and hike through beautiful redwood groves in the Purisima Creek Redwooods Open Space Preserve.

Beautiful view along the trail, uphill all the way getting back:)

Started at Northridge and worked my way 3.3 miles down to Purisima Creek. The return journey is not for the beginner as there is roughly 3.8 miles of ascent. For beginners I recommend parking at Purisima Creek and exploring the beautiful redwood groves

A beautiful hike and it's my top favorite. You can enjoy the beautiful greens, redwood trees, the hills, and the scenery is just breathtaking in general!! It's great for hiking and can be a bit challenging on your way back. The beginning is easy because it's mostly downhill but once you turnaround, uphill! All the uphill walking is going to give you a good cardio workout. If you're too tired on your way back, you can take the left exit trail which takes you gradually back to the north ridge parking lot. If you want short distance and a challenge go straight onto those steep hills. I highly recommend to come see the sunset. I have twice. Just beautiful!

Great trail!! Just be prepared to do a lot of uphill hiking!

Great little hike! Definitely a workout with a view!

My boyfriend, my brother and I all went when it was muddy and rainy which was an extra challenge. The trail itself is downhill at the beginning and then a lot of uphill. There is a dead end, so you'll have to do the trail all over again, but backward. I'm all about what will give me a good workout and this was GREAT for those who want to challenge themselves. There were people running and biking on the trail, which you'll have to keep watch of. I feel like it would have made the challenge much easier if it was not muddy. I thought the hike had pretty surroundings and I got a lot of great pictures.

Hope this helps!

Not as pretty as most of the hikes in Purisima but a little challenging especially after a rain. It gets pretty slick and washes out a little. A very good training hill.