North Ridge Trail

North Ridge Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Redwood City, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Explore a section of the Bay Area Ridge Trail and hike through beautiful redwood groves in the Purisima Creek Redwooods Open Space Preserve.

Quite good for a civilized hike.

Hi,
I did the North Ridge Trail.
I carry my son in a carrier.
He is 3+ so heavy.

The course goes downhill mainly and then a little uphill and downhill at the end.
I found some of the downhills quite steep for me with a backpack {child carrier}. I would recommend bringing a walking stick to help balance.

I deducted one star since the end of the trail has no tables or view and is just a tiny clearing. This made our picnic a little dull.
Other than that it was an excellent hike I'd say moderate to difficult with a child carrier.
If you are just hiking, probably moderate since it is hardly ever flat.

Somewhat challenging trail though relatively short so it's manageable. Nice views along the way and yes, the abrupt end of trail is whatever. Not much ground to hang out for too long at the top. Saw 4 bunny rabbits, not too many people and lots of wild flowers. Went around 5:30pm on the hottest Saturday yet!

Very steep descents and climbs to a weak view of HMB. Long stretches through open fields; very hot after 10:00 AM.. If your intent is to get vigorous exercise, this trail is for you.