North Grasslands Trail to Talopop and Las Virgenes Loop

North Grasslands Trail to Talopop and Las Virgenes Loop is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Calabasas, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Average hike.

The good parts:
-trail wasn’t busy, easy to find free parking
-trail is clearly defined, but it was useful to have a map bc it’s easy to make a wrong turn.
-decent view of mountains

Bad parts:
-the trail is within earshot of a heavily trafficed road, including sirens of ambulances,fire trucks, and loud motorcycles.
-nothing really unique to see

Monday, March 31, 2014

I like this trail a lot. It's pretty fun, a couple of times I had to get off my bike and push it but I would still call this an easy trail. No crowd, I met only one person. Nice view just be careful with the wildlife, I saw a bob cat sitting in the meadow and coyotes.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

I took this trail for the first time this morning. I started and ended at the opposite end, where there is ample free parking, restrooms, and water fountains at DeAnza Park on Lost Hills Road. The view from the heights along Talepop Trail is breathtaking when winter showers have made green the hillsides. My new fave.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017