North Etiwanda Falls and Preserve Loop

North Etiwanda Falls and Preserve Loop is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rancho Cucamonga, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Great hike! Falls at the end was beautiful! Listen to signs telling you were NOT TO PARK! As I was leaving, police came and were issuing parking tickets.

New hours are being enforced. 6:30 am - 6:30 pm when gates are open and close. Porter potty are the begging of trail now.

Well maintained and beautiful views.

Like this trail because it's a little steep which gives you a good workout. However you MUST take proper shoes because it's pretty rocky. If you take kids under 4 or 5 be ready to carry them on your way down or up.. They will get tired and the ground it's pretty hard for their little feet.. Saw many parents carrying their kids and they looked tired. Also saw people with flats shoes... In a place like that you will injured your feet with those type of shoes. With that said. The trail allows you to take cute pictures. It ends at the small waterfalls. There are other trails that you can take that lead to this one, you will find them on your way. Trail it's pretty traffic wich it's good for safety, lots of families.

I like doing the Loop more than the in and out. It’s longer (which I liked), more scenic and the terrain is better!!!! So rewarding once you make it to the top to see the waterfall. ♥️

Beautiful trail - straight out and back. Pretty steep uphill and gravelly. It’s unfortunate how much graffiti has taken over the falls, but still pretty. Make sure to go early as there is no shade.

Good workout, it was an overall very nice and clean trail with beautiful views.

I really liked this trail. I’ll admit, I’m not the type of person that does this often but I was able to get through it. There is incline so be ready for that, overall it’s a great trail. It says no dogs but there was a lot of dogs walking (my two included lol), I just wish people were better about cleaning after them and/or taking the poop bags. The scene was nice, worth the hike!

Great short hike with a lovely set of waterfalls. Unlike other waterfalls in the area, I felt that this trail was better maintained and looked after than Bonita Falls. Very crowded to the falls themselves, but fantastic none the less. The interpretive markers are awesome and shed some light on the early days for the region. I learned a lot venturing around the loop and even made my way up Day Canyon to see stone gauge building after seeing it on one of the interpretive signs. Now that’s a gem that doesn’t get much traffic. One of my favorite hikes in the region. Will be doing it again soon. :)

Great, uphill hike to a fun waterfall at the end. I didn’t notice too much graffiti like other reviews suggested. A bit rocky but doable in tennis shoes. Overall, awesome workout!

I hike the Etiwanda Preserve to the waterfall and back 3 to 4 times a week. When I have the time I hike back to the start point and hike it twice. Many people are saying easy hike but I guess that depends on how fast you are hiking it. My goal is to make it to the Waterfall under 30 minutes. I think it’s a great workout!!!

Fun, easy to moderate hike. We went clockwise like the other reviews said to and I think it was worth it. Starting off there are some interesting info boards about the preserve and area that are worth the read. The middle of the hike I would consider the falls, which are beautiful. The last part of the hike is the most boring but just a straight stretch which is okay, because towards the end of the hike we just wanted to get back to the car to go eat.

Went clockwise as others suggested. Not difficult at all but it is a very rocky path. Probably would’ve had more of a workout going counterclockwise. Didn’t know no dogs allowed but encountered about 6 other dogs along the way. No shade until you get to the waterfall so I wouldn’t suggest going in the summertime.

Really nice hike. The waterfall at the end is so beautiful.

It is closed until 10/6/17.

Nice trail that can be done as a family! Agree with others that it is best to do clockwise.

I truly enjoyed this hike . It's a tough one but worth it .

I enjoyed this hike. I followed the directions of one of the reviewers to go clockwise and I didn't regret it! It was a great 4.8 mile workout with beautiful scenery and pictures! The waterfall was as beautiful as always, refreshing and energizing!

I really liked the trail, but wear a hat and sunscreen because most of the trail is exposed. It is early September so therr wasn't a lot of water at the fall, but it was beautiful.

Not my favorite. The waterfall is nice but most of the trail is loose gravel. Not much of a workout either.