North Etiwanda Falls and Preserve Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(335)
North Etiwanda Preserve

North Etiwanda Falls and Preserve Loop is a 7.6 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Rancho Cucamonga, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 7.6 km Elevation Gain: 279 m Route Type: Loop

A great short hike to the small waterfall, about 1.5mi it’s still a very rocky pebbly trail, & best to start early to get a good parking space; but always a well populated trail...

Parking was hard to find at 8 am so get here early or at about 10 people seem to be leaving around that hour.. long line of cars waiting to park. Clean porta potty’s. Clean trail. No dogs allowed. Beautiful waterfall. Kid friendly. Slightly rocky ( not huge rocks ). Lots of lizards and I heard the rattle of a rattlesnake just off the trail so be careful and stay on the trail for safety.

Awesome hike. Was very hot and was packed with people. I noticed ton of cars being towed, do NOT ignore “no parking” signs - best to park in the residential neighbor and walk up to the hike. Over 20 cars towed this morning.

Great trail Beautiful waterfall I went on 5-9-20 It was a bit packed There’s some parking but you have to get there early Or park in the residential area and walk about 1/2 mile to start of trail It’s worth it Take sunblock n plenty of water

how is parking??

It’s OPEN, Amazing trail , my absolute favorite place to escape to on a early Weekend morning , trail is very rocky so wear comfy shoes , there is a lot of shady coverage about mid to the top of the trail , if you continue with the path that is just straight up you will get to the waterfall which is so relaxing and it’s so shady it feels like it drops 20 degrees , if you continue towards the left once you get to the top of the waterfall (follow water trail , super forest feels ) you will see another mini waterfall , make sure to bring water and CARPOOL there , there’s a gas station right off the freeway and it’s better to meet there and drive in 1 car if you plan on hiking with a group , parking is limited and you will have to wait until someone leaves if not

Great trail, amazing views, no shade until you get to the top. Lots of bugs too, and got stung by a bee here once, because it got stuck in my hair on a windy day... other than that love this trail. have been coming here for over 5 years now.

closed

Preserve is closed due to COVID-19. Gate is closed. Cars will be towed from no parking spots.

did not even step off my vehicle, no parking, very disappointed,

My phone died in the middle of the trail

Highly recommend this hike. I think it’s underrated. Great views. The falls are a bit underwhelming but the hike up has a good view of the IE below. Be sure to take the west loop on the way down from the falls and claim the short incline to the lookout point.

Loop. Beautiful hike, very little shade, very rocky, and has signs to know what you're looking at.

Wow! I didn’t realize what I got myself into! Steady uphill climb all the way to the falls. Very rocky, which wasn’t pleasant on the footsies. Little rocks, big rocks. But the falls are beautiful and the creek is so peaceful! There are two streams of water coming from two different areas that lead to the water fall. I explored the one on the left about as far as I felt comfortable with. Sadly lots of graffiti. Makes me so sad people disrespect nature like that. I really enjoyed my hike back thru the preserve. It was so peaceful & quiet and I felt at one with myself. For me it was 6.21 miles RT. Will definitely do this again, and bring snacks next time!

So I’m def a beginner at hiking and this was pretty intense. We didn’t complete the loop, but total we did 2.5 miles. We parked on the gravel lot and walked through the gate that is faced straight ahead. There was so much incline and it rocky almost all the way through. The trail splits once you past a sign that was pink paint on it. Not sure why, but we decided to take the smaller path that’s off to the right. Which is really no path at all lol, we followed it as long as we could and come across a small creek. Very steep and big rocks, it was an easy route at all. Thankfully we used MapMyWalk so I was able to help us get back because we definitely had a moment that we were like “oh sh*t”! We got back to the sign with the pink paint and made our way back down. Going down was much more pleasant and manageable.