North Etiwanda Falls and Preserve Loop

North Etiwanda Falls and Preserve Loop is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rancho Cucamonga, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Great, uphill hike to a fun waterfall at the end. I didn’t notice too much graffiti like other reviews suggested. A bit rocky but doable in tennis shoes. Overall, awesome workout!

I hike the Etiwanda Preserve to the waterfall and back 3 to 4 times a week. When I have the time I hike back to the start point and hike it twice. Many people are saying easy hike but I guess that depends on how fast you are hiking it. My goal is to make it to the Waterfall under 30 minutes. I think it’s a great workout!!!

Fun, easy to moderate hike. We went clockwise like the other reviews said to and I think it was worth it. Starting off there are some interesting info boards about the preserve and area that are worth the read. The middle of the hike I would consider the falls, which are beautiful. The last part of the hike is the most boring but just a straight stretch which is okay, because towards the end of the hike we just wanted to get back to the car to go eat.

Went clockwise as others suggested. Not difficult at all but it is a very rocky path. Probably would’ve had more of a workout going counterclockwise. Didn’t know no dogs allowed but encountered about 6 other dogs along the way. No shade until you get to the waterfall so I wouldn’t suggest going in the summertime.

Really nice hike. The waterfall at the end is so beautiful.

It is closed until 10/6/17.

Nice trail that can be done as a family! Agree with others that it is best to do clockwise.

I truly enjoyed this hike . It's a tough one but worth it .

I enjoyed this hike. I followed the directions of one of the reviewers to go clockwise and I didn't regret it! It was a great 4.8 mile workout with beautiful scenery and pictures! The waterfall was as beautiful as always, refreshing and energizing!

I really liked the trail, but wear a hat and sunscreen because most of the trail is exposed. It is early September so therr wasn't a lot of water at the fall, but it was beautiful.

Not my favorite. The waterfall is nice but most of the trail is loose gravel. Not much of a workout either.

It's not a bad trail, but it's really disappointing how much trash there was, bottles everywhere, graffiti on the rocks and carving all over the trees. We need to treat out planet better. I'm gonna start Taking a trash bags with me on these SoCal hikes

Very easy hike and great for a family hike with little kids. Besides the waterfall, uneventful walk. Dirt road trail.

Easy trail!

Not recommended to start any later than 7am. In addition to parking filling up the area lacks shade and even by 9am it can get blistering to hike. Pretty packed on a weekend.

Take the path clockwise if you want to go a longer distance before reaching the waterfall. Trail stops at the big waterfall but there is another one you can reach by going beyond it.

Trail is well maintained, very little trash, but graffiti is still a problem. There's a restroom in the middle of the hike as well!

No dogs allowed but still saw people bringing theirs.

Great place hiking was good waterfall at top made it more worth it

Nice hike but bring water on a hot day...little to no shade until you get to the falls area. Today (7/01/17) the falls were small...but again we lack rain. All good over all...enjoy.