North Dome Trail via Upper Yosemite Falls Trail

North Dome Trail via Upper Yosemite Falls Trail is a 14.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Yosemite Village, California that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October.

Have hiked a lot of Yosemite over the years and of course there isn’t a bad seat in the house. The low rating on this trail is all about the relentless down on a decaying trail to mirror lake. If you want to check out North Dome from the valley floor I highly recommend going back the same route you can up via upper Yosemite trail.

I'm surprised this one is not more popular! It's a great hike, great view from halfdome, cloudrest, and the valley! I included indian rock/arch - but don't. Not worth the detour despite being so close

We did a day hike and got started around 7am. Very tough hike but well worth it. I got roughly 18+ miles on my GPS watch. The trail gets pretty confusing once you reach Yosemite Point and you pretty much have to head towards and along the ridge after Yosemite Point and head up the granite. Eventually you will find the trail. I used googlemaps from my phone and was able to get the trail to come up and used GPS to get me to the trail. Once on the trail it’s pretty straight forward. Hike will take 8+ hours round trip.