Ney Springs & Faery Falls

Ney Springs & Faery Falls is a 1.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Azalea, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

hot springs

I sincerely wanted to see this waterfall, I'm actually infuriated because all the directions I found were wrong. Nothing is marked, I was able to find Ney Springs Road which is also unmarked. I successfully got to the break off point where the road splits into two while on this AWD road, however the directions said that if you took the right Road it would lead you up to the falls and old ancient Resort. WRONG! Well, I ended up walking for 2 miles straight up the mountain only to turn back around. Finally I realized it was probably the road to the left that led to the falls. SO upset. I was already too exhausted to try again. All in all, I probably walked four miles trying to find this thing. Pretty pissed off. Why are there not good directions available anywhere online?

Nice, short trail with beautiful falls!

Very pretty area with lots of poison oak.

Trailhead not marked. Trail is steep and got my heart going. Had to take breaks. Passed the trail to, but corrected our mistake by using All Trails map. Fall was beautiful. Nice boulders to climb on. Peaceful!

Magical place

Really enjoyed this trail with my family ☺

Loved his short hike - easy to find trail head - walk along what feels like a fire road. Dont take the first turn off - go a little further and then go down to the waterfall. Tons of butterflys - not a huge waterfall but nice little area

Nice Creek, and waterfall is beautiful and fun to play in. Many "permanent" homeless camps.

Fun and easy! Great little waterfall

Easy, beautiful, short, shaded. Great hike, awesome ruins and waterfall.

Super mellow hike, with some history and a waterfall!
Hike above the waterfall for some super nice swimming pools. You can even soak in the cold water right above the fall!