Native Oak Trail to Coyote Trail Loop

Native Oak Trail to Coyote Trail Loop is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hacienda Heights, California that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

Distance: 4.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,167 feet Route Type: Loop

So beautiful with the superbloom happening! In some areas the flowers were over our heads.

Great trail. I just wish I was wearing bug spray, there were a lot of flies. Lots of overgrown plants and a fallen tree. Beautiful scenery and good views. No need to go to the desert to see flowers, there plenty of them here. There are parts of the trail where you need to walk through the flowers, I posted pictures of them and where they are on the map incase anyone wants to avoid them. Also some of the plants on the side of the trail are thorny so watch our hands, they got us a couple of times.

The hills are green and the flowers are poppin'! The beginning is a steady incline but worth it as you drop down into a beautiful canyon.

closed

Made the mistake of assuming I could park in the neighborhood near trail and still hike the trail before 0900hrs. I pulled up to trailhead around 0715hrs and not 5 minutes later a ranger drove down to tell me neighbors had called in to let them know I was attempting to park. I asked if I could park in the neighborhood, she replied with a yes but that I would have to wait till 0900hrs to hike it. Lesson learned.

1 January 2019 at 2:30 pm. Went up Coyote and down Native Oak. Native Oak is a winner of a trail. It's on the north side so it's great on a hot day, and out of the wind on a cold day. Parking may be a problem on a busy day. Not as woodsy as the trails from Chantry Flats on Wilson but a great 2.5 hour hike close to Diamond Bar. I'll be back. The pictures don't do Native Oak justice.

Thursday, August 02, 2018

Decent moderate hike! Mix of uphill and downhill, and light and shady. Saw a dozen rabbits and lizards.Light traffic. Trail signs a bit worn out, but legible. Proximity to several other trails of different lengths is a plus.