Napa River and Bay Trail

Napa River and Bay Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Napa, California that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.7 miles Elevation Gain: 45 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

Was wonderful! Until we can across an aggressive coyote...maybe she’s a mama? But we had to run really fast from her. Bring protection if going on this trail near the vineyard...will do again for sure

We’ve walked these trails for 20 years. Wonderful and flat. Best to not walk on hot days not a lot of shade. Location will provide a good breeze. Best time of day is morning as most are cloudy with the sun coming out by noon. Good for bikes too

This trail is mostly gravel with a short stretch of pavement at the beginning. Nice and easy flat trail. Great views of the bay and birds.

Nice easy walk or jog, lots of birds, beautiful grove of eucalyptus...

All flat. 3 miles out and 3 miles back. Wildflowers and wildlife. Geese, a hawk, squirrel, jackrabbit, etc. probably saw 12 ppl on trail (mid-morning on a Saturday in May), so I wouldn’t call it “heavily trafficked”. Will definitely do this again.

This is a really nice trail. It is easy and a decent length too. There is no incline on this trail, so it is easy the entire time. I saw people of all ages during my walk on this trail. I saw families with small children riding bikes, so I’d say it is family friendly. You have a choice when you start this trail of taking a loop around the water, or taking the longer branch of this trail that goes towards the brazos railroad bridge. Most of this trail is along the water regardless of which way you choose to go. There are no spectacular lookouts since you are not on a high elevation, but there are many beautiful sights of the napa river and the hills in the area. Even though there are no spectacular lookouts, I decided to give this trail 5 stars. There are beautiful sights, it is well maintained, and it is not hard. I’d recommend it for someone that wants a nice and relaxing walk.

Great spot for Birds. Nice peaceful walk along the levee this AM. There were quite a few dog walkers but after the first mile there was no one out on the levee. Not a bad walk at all.

Saturday, August 18, 2018

I've ridden my bike on this trail various times, and it's definitely a nice ride if you catch the tide at the right time. High tide, the water makes the scenery beautiful to gaze at. It's also a good area to walk your dogs around, but be safe around glass beach.

Friday, August 17, 2018

Lots of wildlife, well maintained paths, water station, Glass Beach

Friday, August 17, 2018

Nicely kept and maintained trails.

Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Well. I like this trail better before I realized the hill is basically a giant pimple on the earth. It’s a landfill that was covered in dirt. I mean, yea, it’s great there isn’t exposed landfill just sitting there, and apparently they somehow make energy for electricity from it, but. It just ruined the entire area there for me. It just makes me mad that that was the solution to the landfill. Just bury it? So that all that trash gets to seep into the soil and water around it? Just doesn’t seem smart. Now all I can think about there is how humans are ruining the earth. This hike. Features: A giant man made pimple in the earth. Filled with trash. Yay? :/

Friday, June 08, 2018

perfect Saturday morning running trail.

Monday, April 09, 2018

Nice trails, very level...good walking and jogging...lots of birds including beautiful swans...

Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Loved this place, very peaceful and kids enjoy it as well

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Excellent and easy trail for a relaxing (Or fast paced) bike ride. It's amazing that this area used to be a landfill when I was a kid. It's absolutely beautiful now. Recommend it. 4/5. Be sure to stop at "Glass Beach."

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Peaceful & relaxing bike ride.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Absolutely amazing birding spot! Not much of a hike, more of a walking trail, which we weren't aware of ahead of time. Went in February, and a word of advice: be prepared for wind! Really nice views and easy to follow trails. Overall great walk. If interested in shorebirds or waterfowl, check this place out. Mute Swans, Curlews, Godwits, Goldeneyes, Green-winged Teals, and so many more.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

I enjoyed all the birds. The 3 swans we a treat to see. Fall is a perfect time for a brisk walk. my dog companion loved the spacious trail.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Not a bad man made trail. We did a total of 7 miles. Very wide gravel trail with some great views if you follow the whole trail. Also good for winter due to gravel and did not have a any problems even when it rained on us for about a mile of the walk.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Great park with free parking (can get busy) and awesome scenic view of Napa River and wildlife's along the wetlands. Lots of opportunities for bird watching. It's mostly a gravel trail, flat with little to no shade. There is a nice breeze since you're near a body of water. The sun sets behind the mountains across the bay which makes for a nice photo. The mosquitoes are active as the sets so bring a bug spray. There is a portable toilet in the parking lot and plenty of benches and tables. On June 23, 2016 we walked a 3.7 mile loop.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Great for the early morning walk with your dog!