Myrtle Creek Trail

Myrtle Creek Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Crescent City, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Not a difficult hike, but probably wouldn't recommend it with small children only because you have to walk looking down a lot due to a lot of roots that grew threw the trail. If you're not paying attention you're likely to trip. My husband and I enjoyed this trail very much especially because it ended at the creek. We also saw a deer on the trail

This is not a challenging hike, but is more for plant lovers who enjoy walking slowly and paying attention to all of the diverse species growing along this short trail. I saw carnivorous pitcher plants, wild ginger and plenty of ferns. One plant I did not see was poison oak. I took my dog, he enjoyed it too!

Did this and the nearby Wellman Trail today. This is a very easy trail that is a little unusual because much of it runs along a ditch because it was an old gold mining operation. This is an excellent trail for someone not use to hiking much. Pretty gentle with only a little altitude gain at the very beginning... Brook, my lab, loved this trail because of all the little waterfalls and feeder creeks. She didn't miss any...

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Saturday, August 11, 2012

An easy walk through the woods. There are 16 interpretive stops along the way with historical info in addition to plant info. Good news is minimal to no poison oak.