Museum Trail

Museum Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Palm Springs, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from October until December.

From Ramon Road head west, right on S. Indian Ave., left on E. Tahquits Canyon Way, right on N. Museum Dr.

Morning pre-conference hike

Nice hike! Beautiful views!

Did it as part of C2C in the dark. Very well maintained and well marked trail with nice views of Palm Springs.

love this trail been doing it for a long time now. it's a nice little get away and a nice view of Palm Springs in the morning or evening

Trail excellent for a good workout. I was lucky enough to do it on a late September day when it rained. Cloudy and cool (for the desert) when I started the hike behind the museum. The usual Palm Springs vegetation, but outstanding views of the Coachella Valley below. Hey, please no more construction. I thought Palm Springs desires a "village" atmosphere. Steep uphill climb to the picnic tables. I had to stop often to catch my breath. On my decent the rain fall much harder and I was able to witness the brown / yellow desert turn green right before my eyes. I started early at 6:00 am and come across a few locals who use the trail for exercise. This was my first desert hike were I didn't use my sunglasses, suntan lotion, and hat (of course I had these items in my bag). This was my second time on this trail and I will return again in the future.

The trail starts in the back corner of the museum parking lot. It is about 1.2 miles up the easy way and a little less the harder route. The elevation gain is about 1,350 feet. The trail ends at the picnic tables where you can join other trails. There are several great views of the valley on the trail.

Great views! Well marked and an awesome short hike.