Murray Canyon Trail to Seven Falls

Murray Canyon Trail to Seven Falls is a 3.9 mile out and back trail located near Palm Springs, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and horses and is best used from October until March. Horses are also able to use this trail.

During Winter and Spring there is lots of water! Be prepared to get wet. weekends only after the 4th of July. Sections of horse trail mixed in, watch for the poop. Lots of shade after first desert section. $9.00 per adult for entry* (you can buy a half-year pass ($60) or an annual pass ($90)

super easy trail, perfect weather. waterfalls are beautiful not much water going thru.

Very nice out and back trail. I also recommend that when you return to the parking lot to tack on the San Andreas loop.

Be aware of $9 per person entrance fee. Well worth it. The trail is part of Indian Canyons. It was a fun and interesting hike lots of beauty and interesting features. I'd definitely hike it again.

Beautiful but on the easier side. I would not give this a moderate rating. The falls and pool at the end are beautiful.

the first mile is in the dry heat of Palm Springs. Once you get to the river, it is amazing! You cross the river several times and as much as I tried to keep my feet dry-they were wet. I ended up just saying f it and walking in the water instead-just ring out your socks. your clothes will be dry by the time you get back to your car.

Great hike through the canyon! The waterfall was a little underwhelming in late April.

Most beautiful hike I’ve been on. Because of all the rock river crossings I would rate this a moderate hike.

The trail was full of beauty. The falls at the end are fun but the entire trail is a great hike!

Beautiful trail! Many steam crossings, may not be best after a rain. Grasses, flowers, amazing rock outcroppings and palms grace the path. Enjoy the trail and don't be fixated on getting to 'the falls', it's nice but the trail is the feature!

*$9.00 per adult for entry* (you can buy a half-year pass ($60) or an annual pass ($90) but you may want to make sure it is worth the cost first).

This is a gorgeous hike! It’s a great combination of desert landscape and groups of palm trees; a little oasis! Bring plenty of water, but know there is also quite a bit of shade. It does involve several water crossings via rocks (10+) and a few ascents/descents that can be tricky for footing if there is dirt on the rocks. Our new favorite hike as it’s the perfect distance (3.9 mi) and so enjoyable!

Started on the trail about 9:30am this morning. Trail is beautiful. Met another local hiker who showed me a couple of waterfalls most people pass up on the trail the last section before you reach Seven Sisters Waterfall is steep. Great hike. When I was leaving Indian Canyons about 11:30am the line at the ticket gate was very long. If you can get there early.

I did this trail with a small group that included 3 kids, aged 6, 7, and 9. They loved it, although I would describe it as "moderate." We were lucky that the stream was low, so crossing it wasn't difficult. You have to navigate around a lot of horse poop in certain parts, so watch your step. I would certainly do this trail again. The stream and views are beautiful.!

Very nice place but I think it is moderate not easy. There are times you have to climb rocks or go under. Crossing the stream requires balancing on rocks. Trekking poles and hiking shoes are definitely helpful. We live the sound of the water. We definitely recommend this place.

A favorite.

The canyon is a beautiful hike. It's my new favorite in the valley. I would rate it as moderate, not easy in the upper reaches. Trekking poles are helpful there and for balance in crossing the stream numerous times.

We took a group of 12 up to the waterfall on a fairly hot day. There is lots of shade from the canyon walls and Palm trees so it was perfect. Lots of little Creek crossings add to the fun. New fave canyon hike in Palm Springs area.

Wonderful hike because it’s a good mix of Desert and oasis with lots of water crossing. That being said this was not an easy hike. I would not take my six year old or my parents on this hike as there are some sketchy water crossings where I saw the old and young losing their balance. I myself almost lost my balance once. There are also a few scary rocky ascent areas where there isn’t a lot to hold onto and the rocks are covered in dirt so they are slippery. I will do this hike again. It’s worth the few scary spots. You can get it done in under two hours. The beautiful part is the sound of water for a majority of the hike, the palm trees, and the cool temperatures. One of my new favorites.

great day for a hike with friends. friendly hikers as usual.71 degrees and sunny (duh)

Easy hike with beautiful scenery! Trail is right next to the water and the vegetation and sounds make you fell like you're in a tropical oasis. During the hike you cross over the water quite a few times so you're shoes may get wet. Definitely going to do this again.

Beautiful walk. An easy hike. The waterfall itself is not much but the walk getting to it makes the trip worthwhile, especially when you get past the section allowing horses. Lots of shade and running water make this a great little hike on a warm day.

Started early (~8:15am) and we had the trail to ourselves. Beautiful views from inside the canyon for the first mile followed by nice shade within the oasis. ~2-2.5 hours there and back. Bring cash for the entry fee.

Did this hike on Christmas Eve. Beautiful, easy trail with a couple of short rocky sections near the end. Lots of stream crossings with rocks for stepping. Took us 2 hours with a brief stop at the end and lots of photos along the way. Waterfall is fairly small but scenery along the whole trail is lovely. There's a fee to enter Indian Canyons and park closes at 5 pm (4 pm Christmas Eve & Day) so going early in the day will help you make the most of your visit! Highly recommend.

Nice trail. Probably wouldn’t bring young kids or elderly. If you plan on going all the way to the waterfall, staying up high makes for easier navigation through the rocks at the end.

Easy to moderate 2 hrs hike in the middle of palm trees, the canyon and a little river. Very nice. I highly recommend !

Beautiful hike

Fun hike, shaded with lots of creek crossings.

Loved it ! Go early and bring water

Saturday, May 27, 2017

This trail wasn't my favorite for a few reasons. There were 16 different stream crossings which I wasn't anticipating. I wouldn't have minded, but once you get to the end (indicated by a sign) I saw no waterfall. How did I miss it? I have read other reviews that indicate a waterfall, but I saw nothing so I felt very disappointed, especially after getting pretty wet.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Great trail, easy with couple slightly moderate (short sections). Winter & Spring, lots of water! Be prepared to get wet. weekends only after the 4th of July. $9 per person entry, Annual pass $99 good for calendar year from purchase date. Sections of horse trail mixed in, watch for the poop. Lots of shade after first desert section. 3 hour hike (out and back) at very easy pace with stops for snacks and pictures.

Monday, May 01, 2017

We loved this trail! Just wished we could go further past the falls. Very easy, next time we want to take our 4 year old granddaughter