Murphy Ranch Trail

Murphy Ranch Trail is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Pacific Palisades, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A moderate hike out to the remains of a Nazi camp.

A very brave way decorated with graffiti. Get ready for a lot of steps halfway up.

Mostly an asphalt road- not enough nature for my liking

Nice hike with cool scenery. Only downfall is the excessive amount of trash left behind by people.

The old Nazi buildings were fun to look at. There are a lot of people though. I always say hi as I am passing people. I said hi to at least one hundred people, only got two back. :( It was okay for a one time trip. Will not be back.

Some people are complaining that there's graffiti and concrete on this hike. LMAO! Do yourselves a favor and research the hike before jumping into it.

This is my second time going through this hike and i'm surprised that the structures are stilll standing (heard that the city of LA was going to destroy the buildings).

There's a long set of stairs near the start of the hike that you can choose to descend first to get to the different structures and ruins OR you can choose to continue on the road. The stairs descend/ascend steeply so watch your step.

There's a youtube video that briefly talks about the history of the trail: https://youtu.be/ODThe9LTC-k

Spray paint on EVERYTHING. And the concrete stairs and fire road take away from the nature setting. Certainly good for a quick elevation change, but not too esthetically pleasing.

Do you like stairs? Do you like graffiti? Do you hate Nazis but like their hideouts? Then this is the hike for you! Pro tip: park on Casale Street to the right and the walk down to the trailhead via Capri to the left.

Loved this place! We found a short cut that took probably 15 -20 minutes off the hike. We were able to see a graffiti artist at work while we were hiking. Very easy hike. Perfect for a light workout. The spray painted directions on the ground was very helpful. Great scenery

Excellent hike. The weather was great and the scenery was just as great.

Really cool hike. We went down the stairs and back up the trail. You could do it either way. The stairs were difficult to go down at times, as they are uneven and there is no rail. We wondered if it would be easier to hike UP the stairs.

One of my favorite LA hikes, absolute must-do!

Take sunscreen, lip balm and bug spray! Mixture of road, dirt trails and narrow stairs. Good graffiti to look at and some old buildings. You can see all the way to the ocean down the canyon on a clear day.

Pretty simple hike. Not very steep. Definitely interesting scenery.

Lived up to its hype!

Simple, fun stroll

Wow wow wow. So much cool stuff to see!!! Really great, unique trail. There's A LOT of old stairs left over and they kick your ass. I left my yellow and tortoise shell Ray Bans down there and I didn't want to go back down to get them!!! If you find them, send me a message. Haha.

Stairs are killer!!!

Parking is free if you park in the residential areas nearby. Pay attention to signs.

Very easy to manage through with plenty of points of interest. One star off for being the dirtiest hike I've done to date. Trash is plenty about!

Beautiful abandoned buildings adorned with graffiti. Careful at the stable it's gated but can easily be bypassed, bees have claimed residency.

Seems to be heavily trafficked. I started at 6am and already saw a handful of people already.

One of the toughest most challenging hikes by far but a great workout 1,000 stairs.