Murphy Ranch Trail

Murphy Ranch Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Whittier, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Family fun nature walk

Perfect hike for family’s, we sometimes drive up and walk for early morning exercise, or ride our bikes as a fun summer activity. Perfect for kids of all ages

Was very pleasant. But if you push it you can get a real burn

A quick little weekday warm up for the trials that are up and coming for me, if you loop it twice it’s a decent work out!

This was a beautiful trail. It was great for a family hike. My five-year-old son blazed through it with no problem. My three-year-old daughter had a little bit of difficulty, but was still able to do it on her own. It is a little bit on the short side, but if you want to make it a little more challenging, do the trail counterclockwise like it is recommended here. The parking lot isn't very big, but we went on an overcast Sunday morning and there was plenty of places to park. There are several picnic tables by the parking lot, in case you want to pack a picnic lunch to enjoy after your hike.

awesome short trail...get a good cardio workout running the trail. kids love it there also. might run into coyotes but fun to see the wildlife.

This trail definitely gives you a workout. Very pretty in the spring. Be sure to keep an eye on the signs because it’s very easy to get lost & end up on another trail (speaking from experience). I recommend going in a group as this trail can be a little sketchy.

I liked the fact that there were trees everywhere and it wasn’t to busy

beautiful trail, short and sweet. Good quick workout.

My fav trail
My kids love it and it’s so peaceful and beautiful
We take a lot of our family photos here

Loved this place, took my 3 year old grandson and he loved it too. He's used to hiking so did great, but can get steep for a typical child.

love it a lot of green lush to savor

Rude person lives on the corner with Murphy park shack. Some deliverance type people there.

I would most definitely go again, so much green made for some pretty great shots

it's beautiful spot.. love coming late morning ❤

moderate shade and an easy wide trail

It's a short hike with extra loops if you want to add distance. Very dry and hot in the summer, nearly empty, clean and quiet. I saw rabbits, squirrels, lizards and heard coyote in the distance. I avoid Bellman and Turnbull because of the sun/heat and this trail is a decent alternative.

For a quick hike this place is great. The trail is all fire-road and does not have many challenging spots. I went during the week and it was hardly busy.

Monday, May 29, 2017

It's a nice spot with ample parking. I don't like that some parts of the trail are narrow and other parts not flat so it adds uneven pressure on your feet. Trail isn't as clearly marked as others. Watch for mountain bikers!

Nice spot to picnic.

Sunday, April 23, 2017

We have been there three times in the last month. It is not closed. It is a pretty trail with some steep inclines.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Been closed for a couple of months, any news when will it reopen?

Thursday, March 30, 2017

closed

Thursday, February 02, 2017

Not too challenging, but nice if you are feeling like a quick and easy hike.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

It's not too bad, for my fibromyalgia.. it has gorgeous amounts of flora, a couple steep slopes but no slips!

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Great trail for toddlers, my 2.5/yr old daughter loves this hike.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

This is a fun little trail. Very kid friendly. I have a 3 year old and a 6 year old and they love it. It has enough uphill to make it challenging, but not to tje point where it drains you. It is beautiful and has a nice view once you reach the top.

Friday, September 09, 2016

Love it.. Very peaceful

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Good short weeknight hike. If you get to the top and you see a gate, fencing you off from the housing track, don't take the stairs. Unless you like to dangerously....cause they end & you end up scaling down the side of the hill.

Thursday, May 05, 2016

A great after dinner trail with an exceptional view.