Mule Hill Trail

Mule Hill Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Escondido, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Love this trail! Flat, sandy, and great for beginners. Only one hill, but it's not too bad. The majority is unshaded, so bring a hat and lots of water!

This is a mostly flat dry trail that I really enjoyed riding the trail connects to other trails with more challenges. be aware there are Lots of snakes in the area.

Trail is nice for an easy walk in the San Dieguito River area. There was a lot of mountain bike traffic on the day that we went so if you aren't a fan of mountain bike traffic then we suggest an alternate trail. Most of the bikers were courteous and yelled out their position when they were approaching so it is relatively safe.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

long flat trail. not much to see. good for long trail runs.

Friday, August 26, 2016

Monday, August 22, 2016

Back on this trail for a second time in about a week. Took my 9 year old with me for a short 2.25 mile walk and history lesson. We then headed to Kit Carson Park for some additional father daughter time.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

This trail was rated as easy and it certainly was. My goal was to hike quickly along the trail to the Raptor Ridge View Point. Out and back I logged 10.81 miles in 3 hrs 33 min, taking time for lots of stops to take pictures and read about Mule Hill and town of Bernardo. As others have stated this trail is very flat. My entire elevation gain today was 903'. The majority of that coming about a half mile or so from Raptor Ridge View Point. There were lots of benches and picnic tables along the trail. I really enjoyed the history lesson at provided about one mile in. I plan to take my 9 year old on a two mile out and back (for the history) then stop at the farmers market which I think opens at about 10 am on Saturday. This is a great family outing/picnic place.