Mule Hill Trail

Mule Hill Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Escondido, California and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail with historic landmarks. This area was the site of a Mexican-American battle. It is level and easy.

Nice walk, very little shade , pretty flat walk , lots of people on bikes so kinda busy went on a Saturday...

Love this trail! Flat, sandy, and great for beginners. Only one hill, but it's not too bad. The majority is unshaded, so bring a hat and lots of water!

This is a mostly flat dry trail that I really enjoyed riding the trail connects to other trails with more challenges. be aware there are Lots of snakes in the area.

Trail is nice for an easy walk in the San Dieguito River area. There was a lot of mountain bike traffic on the day that we went so if you aren't a fan of mountain bike traffic then we suggest an alternate trail. Most of the bikers were courteous and yelled out their position when they were approaching so it is relatively safe.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

long flat trail. not much to see. good for long trail runs.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Back on this trail for a second time in about a week. Took my 9 year old with me for a short 2.25 mile walk and history lesson. We then headed to Kit Carson Park for some additional father daughter time.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

This trail was rated as easy and it certainly was. My goal was to hike quickly along the trail to the Raptor Ridge View Point. Out and back I logged 10.81 miles in 3 hrs 33 min, taking time for lots of stops to take pictures and read about Mule Hill and town of Bernardo. As others have stated this trail is very flat. My entire elevation gain today was 903'. The majority of that coming about a half mile or so from Raptor Ridge View Point. There were lots of benches and picnic tables along the trail. I really enjoyed the history lesson at provided about one mile in. I plan to take my 9 year old on a two mile out and back (for the history) then stop at the farmers market which I think opens at about 10 am on Saturday. This is a great family outing/picnic place.

Friday, May 27, 2016

Pretty flat...not much shade. Would like to try it after some heavy rain.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Flat, Easy, Sandy, but no cover! I can't imagine doing this in summer. Blazing sun the whole way.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

I decided to try out a new trail and was looking for one that was longer than the one I'm used to. This fit the bill perfectly.
It loses a star because a few sections of the train are super sandy which makes it difficult to push a stroller through, even though mine is made to go off-road. Overall though this train is beautiful and interesting!

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Found this trail by mistake late in the afternoon. Hiked/walked it from North County Fair entrance on Bear Valley to intersection with Raptor Ridge. Round trip about 6 miles. Flat and easy. Not a lot of tree cover, so I would recommend starting in the morning. I prefer more diverse scenery, but might try biking it some time.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

The trail was nice. Beautiful area. Very flat though. Not a hike. And the map on here has you go under the freeway, that is wrong. It takes you away from the freeway.

Sunday, November 03, 2013

Great flat trail, well maintained, and a history lesson too - can't beat that!

Friday, June 14, 2013

Nice flat trail with history markers along the way

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Wonderful trail with a gorgeous view of the valley as a reward.