Muir Woods Trail

Muir Woods Trail is a 2.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Mill Valley, California that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Park at the Muir Woods Visitor Center.

This is an amazing place to see the redwoods. Nice, easy, wheelchair accessible boardwalk all the way for a nice little stroll. It was a pretty crowded though.

I don’t rate this as a hike. It is a beautiful walk! Wish I had planned better for a full day in the woods. Too many people but we did a “side” trail and it was perfect!

Amazing just beautiful the trees are so special!!

The majestic Redwoods tower high above you. The creek runs along side. The planked boardwalk makes for ease with strollers, wheelchairs and winter footing. This is a very child friendly walk full of Redwood wonder for all ages. Go take a Redwood walk!

Beautiful walk and incredibly scenic. Very easy hike.

Easy trail for family day

Pretty easy and busy trail. This was my first Redwoods experience and while I don't think it is the best, it was still very beautiful and worthwhile.

Nice trail. Offers some photogenic scenery.

Nice and easy trail. Good place to start your hiking adventures as it connects to many other nice trails. Large part of the trail is accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.

Easy and beautiful walk around the Monument area. Go for the trails for more of a challenge and moderate trails. Can easily spend 3+ hours when taking multiple trails. Enjoy! Haven’t seen a difficult trail here but next time I’m in town I’ll extend my 3+ hour hike and see what I find.

Super easy walking for all ages. Find a trail to add to the difficulty. Went with a friend for a guided tour, but guide never showed. For locals, not a big deal. You make do. For others who travels long distances, they were disappointed.

Regardless, gorgeous. Fun. Must do and see! Kids love it!

Very nice in the early morning, later too busy.

Great little hike! The trees were amazing! Stroller friendly for first half of loop, so you can easily do an out and back with a stroller.

We stayed off the main trail and took the canopy trail - lost trail - sun trail to dipsea trail. We ended up missing the turn to lost trail the first go around and ended back up on the main trail. We went back up the Fern Creek trail and found our missed turnoff. Was a good workout with the stairs. Beautiful scenery but no wildlife and no breeze that day.

Very impressive. Beautiful trees.

Great easy flat hike. You just follow the boardwalk which makes for a nice stroll. The only thing is it takes forever to get there with the shuttles.

beautiful but one of the most popular and thus crowded hikes in the Bay Area....

Hiking friends I HIGHLY recommend going to Muir Woods. If you have family and/or friends that are not hikers the main bottom part of the trail is family friendly for all age groups. TIP go early as parking fills up fast! Parking is free but you have to pay $10 a person to get in but well worth it!

I did this trail twice, once in 2004 and again in 2015. In 2004, cars could drive right up to the ranger station/visitor center, whereas now, you have to take an overcrowded shuttle that picks you up under a freeway bypass. This shuttle winds steeply down a hill and through many switchbacks, taking the long way there (I think this was due to some road construction on the main access road). My group and I got extremely car sick, and one of my group even passed out at the cafe from dehydration, heat, and car sickness. The only good part about this situation was that we were able to get a personal escort out of the park riding in a comfy sheriff SUV; so we didn't have to brave the shuttle again. The trail itself is well done with the boardwalks and meandering style. There are options to take longer routes, away from the crowds, however you never truly evade the people. In 2004, we were the only ones in the park and it was the most magical and peaceful place I could imagine. Something must have happened to put Muir Woods on the map and make it a tourist trap, because in 2015 it was a whole different vibe. I will not go back here in the near future, but can get the same peaceful experience of these giant trees (without the sea of humanity) by taking any of the trails in Humboldt Redwoods State Park and Avenue of the Giants. So far, these places are still sanctuaries of nature.

GORGEOOUUUSSSSS & completely worth it!