Mugu Peak Trail

Mugu Peak Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Malibu, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

I love this hike. it gets my heart rate going from the moment I start to finish. I think it's hard because to get to the flag it's pure incline. So go at your own pace, as long as you get there.

Supe

The beautiful view at the top makes the challenging inclines so worth it!

Great trail and a pretty good workout. At the summit, there's a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean. Right now there's a lot of wild flowers and lots of lizards too.

Great view of the Pacific ocean and lots of wild flowers during the spring. I recommend trekking poles for the return trip.

Beautiful Trail with an amazing view. Uphill but worth it. Avoid on a windy day.

Always great views from the peak. Unfortunately by the time we got to the top we got slammed by the Marine Layer (Fog) so we couldn't see the wonderful view from the top! This was our 24 year wedding anniversary hike! :)

This trail is okay, but it's definitely not kid friendly. Tried to take our 2 girls hiking here and it was much too steep and slippery for them. We ended up having to turn around. Maybe another time we will try again but it will have to be without the little ones

beautiful views but a difficult climb. you start the trail an a steep incline right away. it's better to do this trail early in the morning because 1) there will be way less people & 2) there's no shade. reaching the peak is a great reward.