Mount Waterman and Twin Peaks Trail Loop

Mount Waterman and Twin Peaks Trail Loop is a 10.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Palmdale, California that offers the chance to see wildlife and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.5 miles Elevation Gain: 3,838 feet Route Type: Loop

Class 2 scramble on the way to the twin peak summit.

Phone read 10.89m in 4:17:57 with 3070 ft of gain. I did out and back. Last stretch up to Twin Peaks was a steep and fun section. Might have to use your hands a bit but nothing serious.

we did this hke today, great views of the surrounding mountains! Trail very well marked but a bit hard to follow on the last mile up to twin peak. Two of our hikers got stinged several times by wasps, they were hurting very bad, I will bring some cream or benadril just in case for the pain. Except for that, it was a great hike, we saw just a couple of hikers all day on a Saturday.

Great hike, off the beaten path. Well marked and new sign at junction to Twin Peaks Saddle. The AllTrails GPX file has you hiking through the ski area and slopes, but if you follow the road down through the ski area, it's a little easier on the descent. I have a guide up on HikingGuy if you want to check it out.

Bagged Mt Waterman, Peak 6816, and Twin Peaks East.

Very much enjoyed this hike. Saw hardly anyone on a Sunday. Make sure to download your offline maps. I had to turn around a couple times. You really feel like you’ve left Los Angeles. Amazing hike.

Tue Aug 28 2018

,Hardest peak yet for me!!!

Tue Aug 28 2018

What a great trail! A bit hard to follow but thanks to all trails we followed it perfectly! Steep inclines about 1.5 Miles before twin peaks summit. Running behind on time so we skipped the waterman peak. Will definitely be returning here!

Wed Mar 14 2018

great views, lots of climbs

Sun Aug 05 2018