Mount Hollywood Trail

Mount Hollywood Trail is a 5.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.3 miles Elevation Gain: 1,250 feet Route Type: Loop

On a clear day you can see all of Los Angeles. Get there before 8am and you can park at the Observatory for free. Be aware of the heat as there is little shade on this hike. Hike early or late in the day if possible and bring lots of water. Excellent views and dogs are allowed.

Great hike with some steep short elevations. The views are beautiful and the paths are well kept

Hollywood sign

Really awesome trail! I’m visiting LA and my friend and I did this trail. All uphill on the way up, but definitely do-able and I’d say it’s moderate. Fantastic views in every direction at the top. We took a “shortcut” on the way down that was VERY intense- especially the last bit that ended at the white bridge- which I’d say was rock climbing. Overall great trail and i’d do it again.

Amazing views yesterday. I'm not sure what happened but I ended up on the wrong trail using the map. Lol. I had to walk in circles for 5 minutes to find this rabbits trail to get back. I think there was a glitch or I lost my signal. Great exercise though.

Excellent and very scenic loop trail to Mount Hollywood that is easy on the eyes and a pretty good work out. (If your not used to working out.) It doesn't go to the Hollywood sign but it's easy finding an extension route that will take you there. I went counter clockwise. The path for the most part is a pretty wide dirt path. It gets pretty steep after the drinking fountains. Great view of Glendale on the way up and Hollywood and the Griffith Observatory on the way down. Make sure you wear some good hiking shoes too because there is loose sand over rocks at some points...especially on the Hollywood side. Also beware...there are coyotes as big as German shepherds, large rattle snakes, fearless deer, crazy dehydrated tourists, unleashed dogs that may or may not bite you, the occasional mountain lion (P 22), fires, floods, earthquakes, a saw a spider once, and in October you may see zombies, ghosts, witches and ghouls over by the old zoo, and in the winter look out for white walkers and the abominable snowman.

Proximity to where we live make this trail our fave. We just use different trail head every time we visit. Lots of traffic but hikers here are generally friendly. I didn't encounter any loud music last 3 times we hiked the area. Bring hat and use sunscreen as there's rarely any shade. Overall good family hike for all skill levels.

not bad. make sure you don't get off trail. there are alot of them

Went for a sunset hike and it was surprisingly beautiful. Even though we were never very far from civilization, we saw lots of wildlife - deer, hawks, woodpeckers, quail - and the trail was quiet and easy to follow.

great hike!! easy!!

Good hike , not too much incline, not shade at all.

Gets warm out! Rattlesnake literally crossed next to us on the trail path (brave sucker!) Wide paths. Not the most entertaining hike but hey it’s to the inFamous sign!

it was a mission for my self & my family...but we had so much fun tho

Started trail via Amirs Garden route and recommend it as starting point being get some nice shade before an overall stretch of 99% exposed trail. The path is relatively nice except for the few uphills that are followed by a scrubby path that will test ones footing. Lots of cool breezes on the way up and a ton of wildlife make this a pretty nice trail.

I was excited about this trail as it was my first time. We hiked on an overcast afternoon so the weather was pleasant. The views are amazing I definitely recommend this place. However the only warning I have is DO NOT follow the red line STAY on the dotted line trail. The map got us lost on our way back to the car. Overall a good workout and amazing LA views.

I’m doing this to work so I love all the trails mane

Great hiking with the family, beautiful views!

I was able to see the whole city! I love the elevation, the view and how easy is to follow!

Great hike! Thanks to the rain, the hills are so green.