Mount Hollywood Trail

Mount Hollywood Trail is a 5.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.3 miles Elevation Gain: 1,250 feet Route Type: Loop

On a clear day you can see all of Los Angeles. Get there before 8am and you can park at the Observatory for free. Be aware of the heat as there is little shade on this hike. Hike early or late in the day if possible and bring lots of water. Excellent views and dogs are allowed.

Went for a sunset hike and it was surprisingly beautiful. Even though we were never very far from civilization, we saw lots of wildlife - deer, hawks, woodpeckers, quail - and the trail was quiet and easy to follow.

great hike!! easy!!

Good hike , not too much incline, not shade at all.

Gets warm out! Rattlesnake literally crossed next to us on the trail path (brave sucker!) Wide paths. Not the most entertaining hike but hey it’s to the inFamous sign!

it was a mission for my self & my family...but we had so much fun tho

Started trail via Amirs Garden route and recommend it as starting point being get some nice shade before an overall stretch of 99% exposed trail. The path is relatively nice except for the few uphills that are followed by a scrubby path that will test ones footing. Lots of cool breezes on the way up and a ton of wildlife make this a pretty nice trail.

I was excited about this trail as it was my first time. We hiked on an overcast afternoon so the weather was pleasant. The views are amazing I definitely recommend this place. However the only warning I have is DO NOT follow the red line STAY on the dotted line trail. The map got us lost on our way back to the car. Overall a good workout and amazing LA views.

Great hiking with the family, beautiful views!

I was able to see the whole city! I love the elevation, the view and how easy is to follow!

Great hike! Thanks to the rain, the hills are so green.

Great leg workout! I’m a beginner when it comes to hiking and the climb was a bit steep but taking my time and stopping to take in the views helped. I saw people of all shapes, sizes, and age doing this trail! Coming down the mountain can be a little sketchy. Watch your step as the dirt can be loose and slippery.

Great hike!!

amazing views

Good workout & nice view but super crowded! Not great... lots of horse poop on the trail. So, again Not great!

Great hike mostly incline either entrance. A lot of erosion coming down the fern trail.

Relaxing stroll with some nice views

Great hike. We took the counter clockwise route from the free parking lot and distance was more like 6.5 miles. Toward the end we started following the map but it looks narrow and off the main path so we took a detour which is why it’s 6.5 miles. Took us 3 hrs but we rested a lot and took pics. Overall a good climb up and mostly downhill back and we weren’t that tired when done. Guess cuz it was in high 50s and breezy.

Elevation gain before the summit is intense. Saw multiple people resting. Not incredible but pretty decent overall. Love the backside of Griffith, if you like that view you’ll love this one. Recommend proper trail/running shoes as coming down on Hogbak can be slippery/sketchy when dry or wet.

Easy hike with scenic views of Los Angeles. Great place to bring out of town visitors. Tends to get very crowded especially over the weekend which can make parking difficult.

Great trail , amazing views!