Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Mount Hollywood Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(455)
Griffith Park

Mount Hollywood Trail is a 5.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.3 miles Elevation Gain: 1,250 feet Route Type: Loop

On a clear day you can see all of Los Angeles. Get there before 8am and you can park at the Observatory for free. Be aware of the heat as there is little shade on this hike. Hike early or late in the day if possible and bring lots of water. Excellent views and dogs are allowed.

closed

Great hike sith a steep uphill start if you do it clockwise and a nice walk down with changing views. Took a bit over two hours.

Well kept and wide path. Felt more like hiking a road for most of it, but the side trails are good to explore

Great distance and perfect amount of inclines and declines. My dog loved it. Will definitely be doing this trail again!

Great views! If you like all uphill one way and all down the other as I do, park at the Merry-go-round lot. If you go counter clockwise it’s easy to miss two key turns (yes, you DO go down the steps at the water tank), so be sure to have the app or a friend who knows the trail with you. Not too much traffic for the first and last third, but near the peak it gets a little crowded. Beautiful native flora!

Great hike with some steep short elevations. The views are beautiful and the paths are well kept

Hollywood sign

Really awesome trail! I’m visiting LA and my friend and I did this trail. All uphill on the way up, but definitely do-able and I’d say it’s moderate. Fantastic views in every direction at the top. We took a “shortcut” on the way down that was VERY intense- especially the last bit that ended at the white bridge- which I’d say was rock climbing. Overall great trail and i’d do it again.

Amazing views yesterday. I'm not sure what happened but I ended up on the wrong trail using the map. Lol. I had to walk in circles for 5 minutes to find this rabbits trail to get back. I think there was a glitch or I lost my signal. Great exercise though.

Excellent and very scenic loop trail to Mount Hollywood that is easy on the eyes and a pretty good work out. (If your not used to working out.) It doesn't go to the Hollywood sign but it's easy finding an extension route that will take you there. I went counter clockwise. The path for the most part is a pretty wide dirt path. It gets pretty steep after the drinking fountains. Great view of Glendale on the way up and Hollywood and the Griffith Observatory on the way down. Make sure you wear some good hiking shoes too because there is loose sand over rocks at some points...especially on the Hollywood side. Also beware...there are coyotes as big as German shepherds, large rattle snakes, fearless deer, crazy dehydrated tourists, unleashed dogs that may or may not bite you, the occasional mountain lion (P 22), fires, floods, earthquakes, a saw a spider once, and in October you may see zombies, ghosts, witches and ghouls over by the old zoo, and in the winter look out for white walkers and the abominable snowman.

Proximity to where we live make this trail our fave. We just use different trail head every time we visit. Lots of traffic but hikers here are generally friendly. I didn't encounter any loud music last 3 times we hiked the area. Bring hat and use sunscreen as there's rarely any shade. Overall good family hike for all skill levels.

not bad. make sure you don't get off trail. there are alot of them

Went for a sunset hike and it was surprisingly beautiful. Even though we were never very far from civilization, we saw lots of wildlife - deer, hawks, woodpeckers, quail - and the trail was quiet and easy to follow.

great hike!! easy!!

Good hike , not too much incline, not shade at all.