Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is a 8.9 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near South Lake Tahoe, California that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Rode this trail as a point to point. The beginning climb up from highway 89 was frustrating at points due to having to frequently get off the bike to walk up rock gardens. About 1.5 miles in the trail became more rideable and was enjoyable. The first couple miles of the downhill were very rocky and some sections required me to walk my bike again. The top section was a little too rocky for me as I felt my bike was taking a beating. The lower section was much smoother and had a faster flow.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Amazing ride! Not for the beginner, single track trail up hill and areas next to impossible to ride down hill make it a bit of a hike a bike. I wished I hadn't worn my clip ins!!

Sunday, November 17, 2013