Mount Wittenberg Trail

Mount Wittenberg Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Point Reyes Station, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,299 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Hike to the Summit of Mt. Wittenburg (1407') enjoy stunning 360 views from the summit Start from the Bear Valley Visitor Center.

I added more of the Sky Trail and connected back via Baldy trail to Bear Valley. The Sky trail is especially wonderful. I saw few people on all the legs except Bear Valley

Beautiful covered hike through fern covered hills. No view at the top, but if you take the meadow trail back you’ll see a bit of the coast. Good work out on the way up. Took a bit over 2 hours

Highly recommend this hike. The trail is straight up for the first 2 miles. But on the way down take the Meadow Trail and it is an awesome view of the beach. Once you get to the top of the hill make sure you take a right and go all the way up to the highest point.

A nice walk with some good views of the ocean.

Sunday, September 02, 2018

Great hill, challenging climb. Really nothing to see from the top but trees and a little fog.

Saturday, September 01, 2018

Took the trail on a Saturday, it was a fairly busy, nice uphill climb, not too difficult. I took the meadow trail back down, it was a easy loop even a non hiker could probably handle it.

Monday, July 30, 2018

Fab uphill hike - great bang for buck, both for workout and views

Monday, October 16, 2017

Did the suggested loop. Cool views from the top over the Lagoons. Nice way to gain height quickly with plenty of trails at the top to make it a bit longer

Monday, August 07, 2017

Couldn't see anything from the top. We made it into a loop using the z trail and then horse trail. It had no shoreline views.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Starting off we decided to do the Mount Wittenberg trail instead of the easier Bear Creek. Well...I'm training for the Lost Coast Trail and only had a 30 pound pack on for the day, so I figured it would be fine...I forgot to take into consideration my new boots! very steep (for me) in spots but generally a lot of elevation gain (for me) in a short amount of milage. (I'm 56 and have had knee surgeries on both knees and an ankle surgery, I don't hike "up" very much!) The scenery was...how shall I put this...breathtaking! Seriously, it was beautiful and almost 70 degrees today. My feet didn't start to feel the heel blisters until we were 3/4 of the way up. We got to the top and decided to go to the summit...no ocean view at all from the top, but the view from the trail signs was nice, so don't go the extra .8 miles out of your way. We went down the hill on the Ocean side just a little way to the Meadow trail and took it back to meet the Bear Creek Trail. It was a much easier descent that way than going down the way we came! (Might consider taking the Bear Creek Trail to the bridge that marks the Meadow trail and taking it up to the top next time as it was a little less steep, I think) Took Bear Creek Trail back to the parking lot. All in all about 6 miles and around 1300-1400 feet gained and lost...took about 3 1/2 hours. The Meadow trail is beautiful, also, but no view of the ocean from it. Needed less that a liter of water and brought a granola bar and an apple to tide me over until lunch in Point Reyes Station. Take your time and enjoy! Get out there while you can!

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

One of my favorites at Pt. Reyes. Take plenty of water and dress in layers. We were there in May and it was cool in the am with the fog, but once it burned off, we got warm. Hiking stick was very helpful for me, not for going up, but down back to the visitor center. The flowers were in full bloom and the trees were as green as could be.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

3-1/2 stars would be more accurate for me. Some great views of both sides of the mountain during the hike, and lots of variation between large growth forest and more exposure with views. But, there were some negatives too. A large portion of the beginning of the hike was pretty straight and bland with no views or variation; it was along a gravel road if I'm remembering correctly. The summit itself was not very climactic, and there is no view to be had as it's flat and surrounded by trees. Still a worthwhile and memorable hike because of the middle sections having beautiful views from both the east and west sides of Wittenberg.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

This was my first time hiking in Point Reyes and we couldn't decide what trial to do first. While at the Bear visitor center I saw MT. WITTENBERG and figured a mountain top would be pretty good. So we walked from the center a bit toward the MT. WITTENBERG trail. The trail is mostly forested and decently steep at most points. We only saw a few people even though it was a holiday weekend. Once near the end, there is a sign in an open meadow pointing to the "summit" and two other trails. The "summit" was kinda dissapointing as there are a bunch of trees blocking the view. From the meadow, we turned and took the Meadow trail back to the Bear trail and back to the parking lot and visitor center. There also seemed to be a lot of horse use on the Meadow trail and we had to watch out for horse poop; not a big deal.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Considering that the game has been around for a while, there do seem to be less people playing Castlevania Harmony of Despair <a href="http://www.eachgame.com/category-200-b0.html"PS3 Controller</a lately, and even when doing "quick match" you won't <a href="http://www.eachgame.com/category-106-b0.html"wii controller</a always to be able to find a team to join, and that can be a bit frustrating too if you are trying to play on multiplayer mode. The quick match usually scouts out possible teams you can join and if it finds a team you can join, you will automatically join that team, <a href="http://www.eachgame.me/search.php?keywords=go+di3208"7 inch android tablet</a though it does not always yield teams for you to join, which means that you will have wait and try again. Of course, you can always start your own team either invite your friends to join (assuming you have friends on Xbox live that have the game) or wait for random people to join your team (which usually doesn't take long if you <a href="http://www.eachgame.me/search.php?keywords=controller"controller</a are willing to wait a few minutes).- If you go with a random team, you never really know who you will get paired up with and some people can definitely be out of your league (for example, his/her gamings are immensly superior to yours or vice versa). For example on the last few times I played this game on multiplayer mode, <a href="http://www.eachgame.com/category-459-b0.html"best china tablet</a the teams I got paired with usually played "level 10" on hard mode (Castlevania Harmony of Despair has both a "normal" mode for casual players and a "hard" mode for more advanced players), and my character(s) usually don't last long on level <a href="http://www.eachgame.com/category-63-b0.html"video game accessories</a 10 before getting defeated (I am still playing through normal mode as it is on single player, currently on level 9). Also, you usually do get a few players <a href="http://www.eachgame.com/category-320-b0.html"playstation 3</a who really know what they are doing and beat everyone to the end boss on the levels which can make the levels seem shorter than normal and can limit your ability to explore the map. By the way, if your character dies on multiplayer mode, you will <a href="http://www.eachgame.com/category-211-b0.html"PS3 Chargers</a turn into a skeleton and will have to play through the maps in skeleton form unless if someone revives you (and on hard mode, skeletons are weak and can usually be killed within 1 or 2 hits) and each time someone dies, the game seems to penalize the <a href="http://www.eachgame.com/category-205-b0.html"PS3 controller protectors</a team by reducing the time limit a bit and if everyone dies or the time runs out early, it is game over and you have to start over. So, you will probably want to be selective on what teams you want to join. Also, I find that some hosts can be a bit rude at <a href="http://www.eachgame.com/category-411-b0.html"PS3 slim</a times (especially if you have to make any preparations before a level, such as buying power ups, changing your character, etc). For example, one time I joined a team and decided to change my character real quick (usually switching between Soma, Alucard and Shanoa), and the <a href="http://www.eachgame.me/search.php?keywords=go+di3208"7 inch tablet</a host decided to boot me from his team almost immediately (I guess he was in a hurry to start the game he was hosting and didn't like me changing my character). 745TDBanty 130122

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Absolutely love this trail. Beautiful view of the Point Reyes peninsula on a clear day. Husband proposed to me on top of this mountain. Trail is a constant upward climb but if you take your time and pace yourself you shouldn't have a problem. Trail is well shaded for the most part and can be hiked year round.

Monday, July 09, 2012

This trail starts at the visitor center and begins the climb right away. Shaded and cool along most of the way, it's a great choice if you're looking for a quicker hike that is all about the aerobics and not the payoff (there is no real view from the top). If you're gonna do this one, I'd say give yourself more time and continue on towards the ocean...it's well worth it and not strenuous at all.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Starts at the visitor center and climbs fast through the forest. The trail is usually pretty damp as it does nothave much sun. Smells and looks great. Very well kept trail. Once on to at Mt Wittenberg, it flattens out and opens to a valley with high grass. We saw deer there. Beautiful place for stopping and grabbing a bite. You can continue to other trails that lead to all the other areas within Point Reyes or you can continue to loop back to the starting point. Great hike. I do it every time I'm up in SF area.